• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Billboarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi! I have a model without billboarded eyes. How can i billboard them in model editor?:xxd:
I founded another posts like this but nobody reply them and closed the posts...i don´t know why...:hohum:

can anyone help me?:sad:

Thanks for reading!!!!

Bye!!!

Level 26
download the war3modeleditor in the tools section, aka MAGOS modeleditor, and open you model, go to windows>node manager and windows>geoset manager, find the geoset that are the "eyes" and export them into your computer, delete them from the model.
right click and create a bone in the node manager 1 bone for each eye and import the geoset back into your model and place it on the bone you created.
NOTE: make sure that the eyes are separate otherwise it will not work.
now right click on the bone you placed the eye on and go to edit node (not "edit") and a sub menu will appear, check the box next to the words "Billboarded"

if you have any questions or comments feel free to pm me, if you still do not know how to do it, or cant figure out how, i am more than happy to do it for you if you send me the model

I hope this helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.