• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Biggest Animals/Species in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
That's one big croc....

There is always the "Hogzilla" legends of the 1.5 meter high hog (when on four), thats gotta be pretty big hog if it's real...

Not to mention that giant octopus (or squid? there actually is such a thing) can theoretically reach infinite size as they have no growth stopping hormones...

And of course you got Ligers, who are pretty damn big cats...

Level 30
The giant octopus was kinda scary back when I was a kid. I mean if those kinds of animals still survive because of increase in oxygen here on earth, it would probably still living.

their is another interesting animal and its called the "Megalodon". it was said to be the largest shark ever discovered? or found.

megalodon_weisserhai.jpg

Level 7
If you want to see something freaky, check out this:

In 1997, underwater sound-detecting instruments of the U.S National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration detected a highly unusual sound in the Pacific Ocean. It was called the bloop. And yes, I am serious. The sound was of ultra-low frequency, and so extremely powerful that it was "of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5 000 kilometres," quoting the USNOAA.
The catch? Analysts believe that the origin of this sound is an animal. This means, if it is true, the animal would have to be louder, and thus probably larger, than the blue whale, Earth's largest known animal.
Most sites which have the recording play it at 16x times its original speed. For a slower and clearer hearing, check this video.

Food for thought. We don't know the magnitude or size of the creatures that lurk far down in the depths of our planet. Scary, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.