• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better World Editer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Really... it works fine for me... it probably corrupted your map because you did something stupid like try to open it in regular WE or something of the sort...
Hmm. I know what I'm doing, and I didn't do such thing. Why would I do stupid things? :p

Anyways, the point of this is to use whatever you like. They all have pros and cons. I personally don't think one of them could be "better" than the others.

Level 4
the world editor you have contains EVERYTHING you need

xept for a fast syntax checker :emote_grin:
i use World Editor Helper just so that i dont have to wait a bijillion hours for WE to pop up an error msg for some jass i spelt ever so slightly wrong (and error msg pointing to the wrong line)

but apparently if you use Map Optimizer on a WEU map (say u used just 5 of its functions for example), its size is equivalent to an optimized normal WE map with the same 5 functions that are in use. I tried changing my map to not need WEU, but turns out i wasted all that time for nothing cuz the map size didnt decrease. Im not entirely sure about this though (well, i removed any part of the script that wasn't in use plus unused global vars. Did i miss anything?) - anyone else wanna test this out?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WEU is not worth it, it is unstable compaired to the normal WE and so curroption is more lightly. I saw vexorian and people at WC3C made a enhacned WE that sounds like WE with all the bad bits removed, since they make it use PJASS syntax checker so it does not crash when saving bad script or return the error on the wrong line or give a million expected blah errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.