• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best modelling program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have recently started modelling, and I was wondering what the best modelling program is. I have Gmax but it's interface is difficult and doesn't handle animations very well. I've heard of a program called Oinkler or something, is that any good? I might get 3DSmax depending on if it's good enough or not, as I'm not spending 4K on a program that sucks. So, any suggestions?

Level 11
yep

Rao Dao Zao said:
Actually, VGsatomi, I'd contest that - Milkshape 3D is quite user-friendly, if only because its so simple. And it only costs something like $25, so its at a reasonable price. Definately a good place for n00bs to start out. http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft.
i must agree with rao, milkshape is very friendly and simple to use, trust me i have all three programs, but i use milkshape to mod from scratch which i do for my project or others, like OH. in fact it took me half an hour to find out how to edit mesh in 3ds max. it is simple to animate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.