1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Beowulf the Brave

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hello again. So... Here is one special model, out of two. This is vrykul thane.

It is based on wow animations from vrykul male, so credits goes to Blizzard Entertainment for original resource. I made only mesh, wrap, effects and animations edit. I dont want take credits fro esomething I have not done. i dont wanna make all my future models based only on alternated wow animations - nope. Only sometimes I will borrow some of them, that will be harder for me to create as custom.

Also made custom portrait - not based on wow animations, this time W3 themed.

Oh and check out the sword, I tryied to make it detailed ;) Hope youll like it. And I tryied to make him more dragonslayer like.

Anyway, enjoy and give credits. (Hope you will enjoy using this ingame textures)

Your SvH

Hopefuly finaly fixed, just tested it ingame. I finaly foudn how to fix this stupid bug...again :D

Updated as suggested by Misha and problems should be really fixed now properly.

Updated again: Problems wat not with the resizing, problems was that i added bad coordinates to the attachments, thats why it was so wrong. I tested them now ingame and it should be fine. Even so, some attachments are not so needed I guess, I let them unremoved. And also I added one attachment more - weapon, which is used most in the games (for orbs). Lets hope this is lat update.

Keywords:
Vrykul, Hero, Nord, Northrend, Skyrim, Male, Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard, Thane, king, Dragon, Slayer, DRagonslaer, Warrior, Battle, Bad-ass, Sw
Contents

Beowulf the Brave (Model)

Beowulf the Brave (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 13th Sep 2013 Moderator's Review: 'dissipate' anim doesn't have him go high enough, or slow enough. 'weapon' attachment isn't on the sword, 'origin' and maybe 'overhead' didn't shrink with the model, so they remain...
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 13th Sep 2013
    Moderator's Review:

'dissipate' anim doesn't have him go high enough, or slow enough. 'weapon' attachment isn't on the sword, 'origin' and maybe 'overhead' didn't shrink with the model, so they remain huge, same with collision (has no collision shape). the health bar is somewhat high over him.. but, it performs well :)

Edit by Kwaliti: Problems still present (too high health bar, namely)

EDIT 2: Health bar is now okay, but the attachments are screwed now. Resizing via bones is gonna give you a very, very bad time.

EDIT 3: Auras and origin based attachments seem a tad small now, but I'll approve this.

2. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    finally...all this epic models come out for us . well done ! good job
    and the chainmail should use the material with "transparent" not ' blend '
    and 5/5 rating

3. Matt

Matt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just checked it out in game, and it looks great. The Hive model viewer will incorrectly make parts of the shoulders disappear, but it doesn't happen in game.

Way to go on this guy. A fitting Vrykul hero in heavy armor. Thanks again!

4. paladinjst

paladinjst

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    and where's the frost vrykul ? still need fixed ?

5. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well the Ymirjar is far from over...I need t fix him... He has some strange animations problem with anatomy fails and so on. I definitely want to make him better. Right now he is not approvable in my opinion.

6. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    F$ck Beowolf , He killed -Grendel :(
    BTW nice model :D

7. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Absolutely fantastic use of in-game textures, again you nailed it and really made it look like something completely different from any current human unit in the game.

5/5.

8. Anknaton

Anknaton

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Hero! :D

9. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    naaah, he didnt :D

10. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Is the chain-mail still using blend texture option? 'cause i see the model through it.
    Other than that cool model:>

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  11. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great.

It could use a Defend animation though :)

12. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I like the horns...and the whole model.
    5/5

13. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I know my work can be sometimes "lazy", meaning I can definitely make some models better.... But I just want to inform you all, that my priority is to enrich Hive model database. I knwo this model could have more animations like special spell animations and defend animations. Yet I hope its still quite useable in comparison to th ewuality of mesh and filesize. I am more or less testing workin with wow animations on this one and also using of ingame combination of textures. And also making custom mesh like swords shields, helmets and ...wel...beards :D There are some other models I am trying to put little bit more work into. I was little bit cryzw ith LOTr themed model lately...So I am working on Smaug and Balrog ( I am still a bit angry that no one made Balrog mode til now, so I have to do it on my own :D, its sucha wonderful beast)...

I also wanted to thank you all for helping me out with your comments and criticism. Without it my models would be just empty vehicles, robbed out of its very soul.

And the last one - I tryied some times before to quit with warcraft and modelling. And I have to say only one thing...ONCE YOU GO WARCRAFT, IT NEVER GOES BACK! :D not a chance I will ever stop modeling...I might slow down, take a pause, or rest for a while...But I will always keep coming back!

See ya fellaz! on the next model :D :D

14. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad to see this finally got approved.

15. ZeroGo

ZeroGo

Resources:
    Resources:
    what are numbers in object editor for animations?

AND make please! all attachments

16. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    What the hell do you mean all attachments? 2 hands, 2 feet, chest, head, origins, overhead, weapon and shield is not enough?

17. Sorvaltis

Sorvaltis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now this is awesome, especially texture combination
    + rep

18. Silverduke

Silverduke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird, when using him he appears as a Green and Black cube.

19. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you remembered to remove the war3imported from the path in the import manager?
    If you already did. Have you closed and reopened the editor?