• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Beginners skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone, I've just looked around and yet again found myself with an urge to skin. Anyway, lets get to the point.

As a first-time skinner, could you recommend an easy skin to work with so I don't bite of more than I can chew? I'd be really happy if someone could just give me a bump in the right direction =)

//
Maedas

Level 26
The Blood Mage is rather popular. Symmetrical, lots of nice empty space, a little alpha on the cape, and it's awfully hard to screw up.

The revenant skins are actually quite nice too ...'though I seem to be the only person who's made one. D:

Arthas seems to be kinda popular too these days, although one manboob stretches a bit.

Level 24
The Blood Mage is rather popular. Symmetrical, lots of nice empty space, a little alpha on the cape, and it's awfully hard to screw up.

The revenant skins are actually quite nice too ...'though I seem to be the only person who's made one. D:

Arthas seems to be kinda popular too these days, although one manboob stretches a bit.
the blood mage's chest is difficult.

Level 2
Cheers for all the suggestions guys =) I'm currently a little bit behind in studying to get my driver's license, but as soon as that clears out I'm going to try it out.

p.s. ain't using no screaming color pallet as many other first timers will, although it may take a while =)

The hardest wc3 model to skin is the Makrura (aka Lobstrokk).

But for easy wrap, I would personally recommend one of these models.
Villager Man
Villager Child
Villager Woman (don't use the Elf Villager Woman though, because that version has an awful wrap on the skirt part)
Archer (the unit ones)
Medivh (best thing about this model is that it's 100% alpha-able)

Status
Not open for further replies.