1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Before Open Beta Cancled

Discussion in 'Lands of Archanor' started by Alowan, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

To hell with waiting patiently for LoA! I'm renewing my subscription to Runescape! LoA can have my attention when it decides to stop lying! *sadness*

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    :evil: :evil: :evil:
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Mr. Level Maker Person

Mr. Level Maker Person

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I don't regret not signing up!

But really, that sucks!

4. darchangel

darchangel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now if I really wanted to express myself right now I would say something like the following: DAMN IT ALL TO HELL WITH YOUR LIES AND MISINFORMATION. But really I'm not like that.... so when IS this going to be released?

5. SilverDragon90

SilverDragon90

Resources:
    Resources:
    :(

Wanna send me a copy of the map anyway so I can see the terrain and make better quests? :wink:

6. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    SilverDragon90's got a decent idea, Alowan. Just say "the hell with it", and send all the people who signed up the map. We can test, whether the map's "ready" or not!

The point is to test anyways! Not to see it at it's peak, with everything perfect!

Not only can we test, we can give you suggestions, instead of you waiting to release an open beta, and not getting our suggestions until then...

7. kablamo185

kablamo185

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah really models dont really matter right now we all just wanna test game play

8. darchangel

darchangel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Precisely

9. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    :x Alowan, say something! :x

10. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry guys, this is mostly my fault.. and im really sorry about it..

To all here about getting map before.. We will of course test before open beta, maby we can allow some of you to join. But as far the updated loa (the one whit new tarrain) is quite messy, since sword/demora is redoing all triggers to make it less laggy..

But it had to be done to make this better...

But i will inform the ones from the signup when we need testers, i can imform that all is now on a list i got and will get a mail, when we need testers..

To akroma about the map art thing, i will send you some stuff in the comming days...

Alowan (a guy that are sorry) - TFO Productions..

11. Sneaky-Sebbe

Sneaky-Sebbe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can just say that the latest time i tested the map very much was messed because of all the changes that have been made recently. So i don't think it would have been fun at all to test the map in this state.

One example on things that did not work was:
    1. Quests
    2. Revive
    3. Blacksmiths
    4. Skill System

These things are so important that there would be no reason to test the map.

But i think that when these things work we should start the open beta.
    We can keep improving the map while it's played.

12. SilverDragon90

SilverDragon90

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't played that in a while... Maybe I'll sign up while we wait too! :)

13. Dremora

Dremora

Resources:
    Resources:
    For all those who are angry at the loa team for this announcement, We are truely sorry that we cancelled BoB but, i can say there will be Open Beta out soon so dont worry. And, the reasons alowan posted on website was very bad, so ill give u the correct reasons :D here you go...

- Revival triggers is out of function.
    - There is no point in having a closed beta again.
    - We must add shops that sell all the basic items.
    - We must make creeps drop all kinds of items.
    - Weather system is out of function.
    - Fog system out of function.
    - More quests need to be made.
    - Terrain needs to be done (there is no caves other than the dwarven mines).
    - Creeps need to be placed.
    - Camera system (that enables the player to control camera) is out of function.

This is just SOME of the reasons we do not want to release LoA at this point, do not think its because of models (im terrainer, i should know!).

So: there will be a beta out soon but finally i made Alowan not set any date, since this usually ends in dissapointments like this.

Another thing that i made while improving the triggers was so that ALL 10 players will be able to play to 100% when the Open Beta is released (Previusly only 5/10 could play).

14. Nephtis

Nephtis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh well another wait, I'm waiting for DoBRP 6b to come out, for people that don't know what this is... good.

15. PunX_NoT_DeaD

PunX_NoT_DeaD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Busting My Balls Alowan

Alowan Your Busting My Balls Here, Your Breaking My Heart With All Of These Lies, If I Can Recall, You Posted Like At The Begining Of October That You Would Release BoB, Dude If Your Going To Keep Doing This To Your Fans, Your Going To Lose All Of The Respect And Glory I And If I May Say, All OF Your Fans Out There Have.

Thank You
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PunX_NoT_DeaD@Azeroth

16. kablamo185

kablamo185

Resources:
    Resources:
    well u must not be a true fan id u r going to crack it at them like that dude just wait ok? or i will bust your balls with a 2 by 4