• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Been Thinking About Picking Up A Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, world. I'm pretty new to programming. I've gone through the basics in Python, Java, and I've also picked up some Ruby on the side. Now I'm thinking I want to put it to use to get some actual practice outside doing simpler scripts and algorithms. But I sincerely can't come up with a decent project to start working on. Got any ideas?

Level 4
You're doing great! I started by creating a simple information system, like a simple point of sales (sales/purchase), inventory logging system (recording in/out items), or maybe to record your financial activities for start? I learn a lot of basic programming and database engineering from that.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] Now I'm thinking I want to put it to use to get some actual practice outside doing simpler scripts and algorithms. But I sincerely can't come up with a decent project to start working on. Got any ideas?
Redo anything that already exists, but do it better?

** Edit **

... and also make it more compatible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.