• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beast Taming 1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Barade
This is a simple beast taming spell i'm using in a map which i'm not working on anymore.

Credits goes to Dan van Ohllus for the Beast Taming hearts model! Very sweet :p

What this spell does:
1. Target an enemy unit.
2. It checks if you already have a beast and if it's a non-player unit.
3. After 6 seconds of channeling, you take over the controll of the unit.
If your hero dies, your beast will be removed. When your hero has been revived, your beast will be revived too!
With the chat command "-free" you can free your beast to tam another one.

Rate and comment!

And if it's usefull for someone, give credits to DEFACKTwalker :p

Keywords:
beast, taming, pet, creep
Contents

Beast Taming by DEFACKTwalker (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 09:36, 5th Sep 2010 Hanky: First of your spell is just to simple to get approved. Also there's no need to have three triggers for the same spell. The beast heal spell could be made...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

09:36, 5th Sep 2010
Hanky:
First of your spell is just to simple to get approved. Also there's no need to have three triggers for the same spell. The beast heal spell could be made with the object editor. So there's no need to making it triggered. The two tooltips could be longer and there could be more documentation.

All in all there's much space to improve. After you have fixed those stuff message me or one of the other spell moderators.

Reserving space for review....

First off:
Please improve your description, explain exactly what it does clearly - atm it's very ambiguous as to what it actually does other then it involves animals.

Review:
Okay this spell is pretty simple atm, really it's not much more then "charm" with different effects and a limit of 1 unit.
It's not leaking or broken in any way, but this is too easy to make to be a spell atm really - maybe if you added more actual features to it it could be useful, but atm I'd say it's not intricate enough to warrant being a resource.

I'd vote rejection

Btw, wouldn't it have been easier to make the hearts via special effects then a new unit?