• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battleships RPG project recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Battleships RPG needs a terrainer.

islandv.jpg

While I do create some terrains, for an RPG, think more is expected. Need someone who is skilled

Contact me at msn:
[email protected]
Or community manager:
[email protected]
Or just reply, pm or email me.

terrain.jpg

And one for scale
scalec.jpg

It is a huge map. Bigger than any other battleships map, probably bigger than any other RPG as well. And RPGs are huge. Big can be boring. 15 minutes sailing from top to bottom gets old FAST. So we need really good terrain to make it appealing and so traders don't die of boredom.
As for non traders... they can use the teleport service...

You see those little red blops? THATS the buildings. They appear normal size in game. This is an island. One of dozens to fight over. Sure its a particularly big one but still, point is, map is huge, biggest ever.

Note that camera will be zoomed in game to make it APPEAR to be at normal altitude.

It was taken inside world editor from a very high altitude. Well, moderately high but since everything is 1/3 of original its extreme. In game its much closer and so flaws are more obvious.

Here is a sample of my own terrible terrain. Yeah its better than many maps, but I'm aiming for 5/5, nothing short of 4/5 for this map. Its supposed to surpass all other battleships maps and bring back the golden age of battleships.

I can handle the triggering and the model problem has been fixed.

WHATS DONE:
Units
Basic Items
Empire Units
Heroes
Basic skills (its not a hero skill based game)
SOME doodads

NOT DONE
Terrain
Advanced items
More doodads
Creep units
Quests
Triggers (much has already been used in my other map helms deep, just awaiting import as final step before release).

As you can see, framework is there, I'd say map is half done.

Last edited:
Level 1
Interesting

I was just formulating my own plan for this. Maybe I could help you with the landscaping? :thumbs_up:

Eranim

Status
Not open for further replies.