• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BATTLENET IS WORSE DAY BY DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This battlenet is worse day by day. Like 70% of custom games crashes at some point. Sometimes it goes well until the end and sometimes the map crashes straight after loading. And it happens even with the same map - sometimes it doesn't crash and sometimes it does. If you want to look at the random crashes I can send you many of my recent videos that just crashes in the middle. It's really frustrating and unplayable.

Does not anyone else have such a problem?
I think I will retreat to another platform for playing WC3 until reforged.

Level 9
Survival Chaos, Hell Halt, Fluffy Hero Survival, Holy War, Legion TD Revo (those are just most popular I can think of now) and many more. The ones that works on 1.26 ver like The War and Survival chaos works just fine on Gameranger and on Bnet don't. And yes in single it works fine. It doesn't show you an error message, anything, it just freezes and sometimes shows you end screen like if you pressed the "quit mission" button. Do you need video proof? I can show you some.

Level 9

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Alright, in the first video (Holy War Anniversary) it seems to be a memory issue as there are too many units and FX on the screen/in one place at the same time.

In the second, you've been desynced so, it might be something related to their server.
Same with the third.

Interestingly in both Holy War recordings, the issue appeared at around 1.5 hours.

Level 9
Yeah right, the memory issues are understandable, but desyncing is not. I don't understand why it desyncs so often.

These are just a few examples I considered worthy of uploading, but most maps do desync randomly. Like everyone desyncs and suddenly I play alone, or only I get desync, etc. It happens in most maps we play and for example 3p campaign desyncs my friend, so we can't play, even though it works fine for me.

I really hope this will be fixed. Battlenet was much better with hostbots who had much more stable servers and antidesync features. Either bring them back or fix it please.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't know if the bots are a/the fix. Who knows what actually causes these issues, only their server or the game version too? Maybe, there's some incompatibility somewhere in the middle.
It's important for people to give this sort of information like you did. Hopefully, they'll find a cure soon.

Level 12
Yeah right, the memory issues are understandable, but desyncing is not. I don't understand why it desyncs so often.
I wonder what caused this change. Amount of memory usage of same map sometimes changes to ~2x between version 1.26 and latest patch. I don't know about desyncs, but you almost always need to restart your game after playing an average-sized map and its not about Battlenet.

Status
Not open for further replies.