• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, the map wasent as good as your usuall map (in my oppinion) but it was still fun but lagged alot because of the fog you had sometimes.

Things to improve would be fixing alot of the tooltips on english as they often are missing. Also remove the fog that comes sometimes it creates mass lag which is fucking annoying :p

Gameplay wise it was good but you should be able to build the buildings a little bit faster :)

ragingspeedhorn said:
Well, the map wasent as good as your usuall maps (in my oppinion) but it was still fun, but it lagged alot because of the fog you had sometimes.

Things to improve would be fixing alot of the tooltips on english as they often are missing. Also remove the fog that comes sometimes it creates mass lag which is **** annoying :p

Gameplay wise it was good but you should be able to build the buildings a little bit faster :)

Level 9
if you mean about 'dalaran shield' weather efefct ,than you may turn it off by a
-option wf
^^mode or turn it 'on' back by
-option wn

you may find this command by F9 button (if i didn't make comments at russian :oops: )

THANKS! I'll try to make a vote about time of a construction,because more then 20 people i know wanna to make 'building' process even longer !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\//\\/\/\//\\\/\/

Please make more comments !
If you wanna quality map you'll need to say to me for what do i need to do...
At least i couldn't read your minds :lol:

Level 9
Tooltip missing ????????
Was it for an english builder or Russian builder?

[i'll test it today,course i didn't think about it..i just copied russian buildings and translate them into english...]

Anyway,thanks for help ,again :eek:

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Level 9
Emm :oops:
They have name.....at russian :lol:

P.S. i saw 1 more thing (for infantry) but i'll fix it at the next version,course that's not a bug or a glithc. just a little mistake ;)~

i also added quick construction mode (but people always voted for a normal one :roll:

At next version will be much more infantry,because i have for about 10 unesed models of russian weapons such as dragunov , ak103 ,ak74 , akcy74 ,pkm and several models maded by Talon the Mage,such as shortgun :roll: :p

Ehh i see that noone accept you wanna post here anything.. pity,because then game willn't be as good as it could be :\

Level 9
Day per day lesser people play at my maps at battle.net :\ for now i may only see BF 1.7 ; BF 1.9 and Meat 4(russian) for sometimes .. :\ other maps are playing only at game clubs and i couldn't know what do i need to add\fix there :(
[People more like terrain,not gameplay or ballance between 2 or more opposing sides]

P.S. that thing - no sound of attack by infantry... i saw this "thing" too late,but i didn't have any more bugs\glitches .... i hope i'll make other 5 medals for heroes (not a hero :p will be more ) and more infantry,as i said before.

Map link:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=7737
Download link:
http://wc3sear.ch/files/downloads.php?ID=7737&l=1
Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not bad map the concept is good but the overall triggering of the map seems mostly GUI and could be reduced to lag less but thats got nothing to do with the map being fun or not.

The map concept is good and the save/load is also good and the ammo system is good.
Only real complaint is it doesnt have an AI to replace droppers or to play against in single player.

Such an AI should atleast build baracks and upgrade them and descover techs and manufacture basic units with its hero.

The moving of heros and casting of spells can be easily done by turning on player AI and using triggers toorder them to move to a point.

The building of structures might be possiable using a advanced trigger or normal melee AI scripts.

Next to that good map.

Level 9
AI always was one of my bad parts(such as terrain :p ) but i'll try my best for an AI computer or just making trigger AI that's more possible , for me.

Also i'll add several upgrades for units and structures.

[and i'll try to add more medals ^_^ )

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Level 9
Ok,i already done new upgrades for defence structures and make more ballance between defence & air and defence & ground(mechanical) . Also i added new buildings.

But i still dunno for what i may give medals for players ?
Any ideas?

Level 9
Ok,i'm prepairing for start an upgrade of this map again,so i need to know several things:

1)Is it tooooooo hard to understand that 1 building have main and additional upgrade? (So i'll make it simplier)

2)Do i need to make some in-game HINTS ,so players may view HINTS like "YOU NEED TO BUILD MAIN UPGRADE for a next techtree" every 30 seconds (P.S. of course random HINTS will be)

3)Defence buildings > more powerful or weaker ?
P.S. Cost will be ballance with their efficience.

4) What medals do i need to add (5 medals remaining)

5)Any ideas for random events?

6) Mine Layers will be added as a new unit. Do i need to add them and as a user-controlled unit too ?

Level 22
Like I mentioned in the comments, I build every available building and researched all the upgrades, and I still did not see anything to advancee the tech tree. If there is some other upgrade, you are hiding it VERY well.

Instead oif making hints, make the upagrade its self. Or at least dont bury it so no one can find it.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
There are no hidden uogrades ...

Upgrade center may upgrade HP of defence structures ,max amount of mana for turrets \ units ,research EMP weapons,Critical hit

Now about building upgrades:
Barracks>
1)Sniper Center
2)Teslaman
3)Command Center> //Main Upgrade

1)Machinegun
2)Firethrower
3)GENERAL C.C. > //(needed for tanks//Main Upgrade

1)Grenader center //(need for most of buildings)
//^^^^^^ Main upgrade
2)Engeneer center //(also neded for "Central")
3)Special Units

______________________________-
Factory:
Factory level1>
1)Scouts
2)Spider-bombs > 1.1)(sorry forget name)
3)Factory lvl2 > //Main upgrade

1)EMP machinery
2)Artillery Machinery >2.1)
3)factory lvl3> //Main upgrade

1)APC tanks>Firethrower tanks
2)Destroyers
3)Rocket destroyers

1.1)Spider-bomb lvl2>
1.2)Spider-bomb upgrade3>
1.3)Hi-tech center

2.1.1)SCUD LAUNCHER
2.1.2)Blizzard Rocket Launcher

Special buildings need:
Central>
1)Hi-Tech
2)Grenader

Hacking center> (upgrade of an "upgrade center")
1)central
2)Engineer

Black hawk(Helipad),water units.other stuff>
1)Factory lvl3

About the hints. They of course could be turned of personally> 1 player turn off,other 9 players may see them :p )

Level 9
That terrain have been created by Zephyr (Unit97) - "russian terrainer" after looking&plaing Battlefield 1 v.2.0 (russian) Where i change terrain from the standart one (Battlefield 1.7 or 1.9 English,wich is well known at battle.net) .

I'll be admired for any another terrain.
Then i'll transfer all my codes and objects at a new terrain and give new credit's for a new terrain maker. (as always at standart positions)

Truely
Vampire[K.B.]

Level 9
The size... good question..
because 96*96 - too small,but 192*192 -too big and units will stuck.....

Any size from 128 till 160 and any rect (it may be a square and may be not ;) )

i'm always saying only 1 thing:
"give me any good\beautiful\excellent terrain and i'll make a good map on it"

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Status
Not open for further replies.