• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Royale - BR Program V1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an updated version of VGSatomi's Battle Royale.

Years ago she left the map in my hands to carry on with; and with her permission... so I did. But most of it was in planning and only now have I completed it. I've used her original map for now since the 100% island remake is crashing at the moment for unknown reasons; so I hope you enjoy this; I know she would.

Battle Royale is an island survival game of 42 Students; 31 computer and 11 human. This is not only a survival but has elements of sandbox and RPG to make the game highly replayable. The game ends when only one survives (or multiplayer last human player)... though you can truce with others (temporary ally) if you prefer.

FEATURES:

- Random Settings. Game Items; certain objects, Vehicles, Weather. Every game is different; so a brand new experience awaits every game!!!
- 100s of weapon choices and over 75 items to be found!
- Weather changes throughout the game; as I said... randomly.
- One beautiful island full of nature and houses.
- A great tribute to "Battle Royale" Japanese Film with features from the film to be seen.
- Vehicles to drive around and assist you.
- Both playable in Single Player and Multiplayer. Single Player is more for... testing and training. Multiplayer is the real action!!!
and much much more!

One important tip though, hiding! Use your "Use" ability found by your character to target objects with blue arrows above to hide; its very important if you want to survive from the computer bots or you're going to get ganged!!!

Good luck; fight well!

Oh, one last thing, I've set up a steam community for the map for players to join, meet up; so feel free to join and ask me for a game one day

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BRsurvivors

Keywords:
battle royale VGsatomi Blackgaze RPG japanese survival island LOST running man dharma heroes houses cars vehicles weather random great fantastic amazi
Contents

Battle Royale - BR Program V1.01 (Map)

Reviews
14:20, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
it could select your hero when you exit vehicle
i liked the original map and i like this too, all the improvements you did are amazing, but isn't 6 megs quite a bit ? o_O

Good idea. I add the selection in V1.01... hopefully
The original map was good but buggy and empty. I appreciate the work VGSatomi did but when we first start talking; I had a Battle Royale map similar to what she already had... and when I learnt that the map was incomplete and she abandoned it... tada!

Pretty much all of the new features are what I had in mind. In fact; I would have done a new map thats flawlessly accurate to the Batte Royale movie island.

http://battleroyale31415.yuku.com/topic/3175

Here are some old screenshots of that map. The reason I never finished it was that map has this weird crash I can't fix as of yet. Maybe in the future...

About the 6 megabytes. I HATE using default models; not because their bad but its not the map I wanted to make. I did this risk by making the map as close to Battle Royale as warcraft can offer. I've had about 8-10 online games on Battlenet now; and only 2 of 100ish downloaders (not everone stayed) had really slow download speeds. Most were average+

Level 3
love the manga and the map

Thanks

6 mb is huge if you wont to your map become popular, players are lazy and they will not wait to dl map....Only map that are alredy popular can increase file size without consequences...

I know; but it just wouldn't be the map I wanted to create if it wasn't. Believe me... it could have been 7 megabytes...

Level 3
Version 1.01 is here guys

BATTLE ROYALE PATCH AND NOTE LOG V1.01

- New Map Settings Decription + Author Changed.
- Players are not able to trade money/lumber (Days/Hours) anymore
- Rope cooldown increased, damaged reduced and set as a "Secondary Weapon cooldown".
- Picking up Metal Barrels do not convert into Wooden Barrels
- Picking up/dropping Supply Crates do not lose health
- Chain and Ball reduces speed when activated. More energy lose when activated. Damage reduced by 5.
- All Students start with increased mana; more for higher energy students
- Sleeping stops at 50% energy instead of 66%
- Kiriyama recovers more energy
- Kiriyama's tracking minipings every 12 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
- Gas attacks reduces far more energy
- Harisen recovers more energy
- Lighter recovers more health
- Sleep/Coma recovery rate increased
- Toolbox Item changed to drop varied weapons/items instead of target vehicles to heal.
- Screwdriver increased healing for Vehicles
- Army Jeep and Bulldozer increased armor
- Army Jeep and Bulldozer drop rate/locations have changed
- Fixed a bandage/medicine/plaster healing problem when on fire
- Animal Fur can be used to remove negative buffs
- A.I Bots do not retreat when bleeding
- Petrol Can has no longer unlimited uses
- Certain map locations have changed
- Auto-selects hero when exiting Vehicle
- Vehicle Hijacking fixed/Enter Vehicle NO STUDENT bug (same thing)
- Fixed a bug when you have no energy inside a vehicle; you would never recover your energy back
- Fixed an Alliance text bug
- Multiboards now shows which players have left the game
- Map is now revealed for the winning survivors when the game ends
- Decreased the amount of items available placed in the map
- Added additional Wooden Barrels, Metal Barrels and Propane Tanks/Gas Canisters/Petrol Cans on the map
- Fixed Racoon's counter not doing anything
- Fixed a game over bug for multiplayer when a target is killed in a "coma"
- Fixed a major reloading bug with Smith & Wesson M19
- Multiboard has increased size for Player and Student name
- Fork, Spoon, Knife now give additional healing if you hold the item when eating food
- Melee damage has been decreased on certain items
- Increased the Minimap ping range for guns
- Minimap pings are now shown for grenades, barrels and vehicle deaths
- Fixed a taunt bug for animals
- Readded the animal "Rat"; left out by coding mistake
- Medipack no damage bonus
- Nunchuka improved hit rate
- Nunchuka "hit target message" bug
- Pepper Spray/Deodorant/Perfume changed data
- You can now steal from targets in a coma if you have a full inventory
- Added additional Supply Crates
- Northwest Cave has been changed to give two enterances
- The map now uses Widgetizer to make the game load faster and play smoother for computers that have trouble.
- The Laptop in the "Warehouse" is now viewable
- Painkillers, Cigarettes and Steroids lasts 75 seconds
- All weapons have greater accuracy
- Fixed "You are Overweight" message when using missile weapons
- Gold/Lumber/Food text fixed
- Fixed Missiles not firing when too close to an object
- Smaller Objects like Chairs are now randomized per game
- You can now remove the poisen from allies with a syringe
- Grenades and Explosions now ignore armor
- Expired Medicine and Plasters now has 66% chance of removing negative buffs
- Melee Weapons less ammo
- F9 updated with a minor detail

FEATURES TO COME (IN THE WORKS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS)

NEW GAME-MODE "5v5 Clan wars"
NEW GAME-MODE "Endless Survival"
Collar-Beep timed death through Dangerzones
Dead players voting the next dangerzone
Multiboard displaying the next dangerzone
New Map based on the "Battle Royale" film island. Far more accurate.
New GAME OVER sequence
Possible Introduction Video
Sledgehammer
Sniper Rifle
Hunting Rifle
scimitar
Land Mines
Tripwire
Dynamite (used with Lighter)
Heroin (used with Syringe on enemies)
Silencer Sight
Hazmat Suit
Cluster Grenades
Radar (Special Clan Wars Item)
and lots lots more... this is a preview
Also I'm still aware of the dead body bug and ammobox barrels; can't be fixed as of yet

There might be a GAME OVER Major bug, but it be ok I hope

Level 3
Ok sure.

I found a few bugs. I forgot to fix the Uzi one; but the Toolbox... man... don't go near that toolbox. Game over seems fine though; except A.I players during multiplayer need to die (colour red -> dark green)

V1.01B shall fix these. Uzi and Toolbox need to be changed quick

Level 3
Version 1.01B is here. It needed to be out fast to fix the Toolbox and Uzi. I fixed some other minor details and added a new item to see how long it would take to add new features :p
Enjoy folks! Hopefully this should be it for now...

BATTLE ROYALE PATCH AND NOTE LOG V1.01B

- New item added "Hazmat Suit"
- Uzi miss-rate fix
- Toolbox fixed, no more unlimited uses
- Single Player now has an additional 5 seconds to pick character, like Multiplayer
- Chainsaw reduced ammo
- Chainsaw receives 3 ammo from Gas Canisters
- Flamethrower receives 2 ammo from Propane Tanks
- Multiboard name bug fixed
- Kiriyama controlled by an non-playing slot will receive healing overtime
- Fixed "Rat" animal not appearing still
- Car Passive Ability mentioned
- Vehicles now have full sight at night and day
- Chainsaw has 3 attacks instead of 4
- Flamethrower fire damage reduced
- Fire from Petrol Cans has been reworked
- Spray Flame length increased
- Fixed Ammobox's given the wrong item
- Fixed "Game Over" multiboard bug. Does not displayed leaving players
- "Lord of the Flies/DVD The Running Man" doubled item energy-DAM/dodge/critical rating
- Less Wooden Barrels/Metal Barrels/Explosive Barrels placed around the map
- Added more Fishing Spots in the middle of the map
- Chainsaw with ammo can make the Student holding it attack trees.

Level 1
i dislike the latest updates. of course, the previous version was imbalanced (chain and ball, etc.), but you rebalanced it too much imo. due to an enormous amouts of of nerfs and a decreased amount of spawns, the game pace is so much slower and boring now, and it takes much more time to kill a char now, because sleep doesn't regen as much mana, and there are not much insta mana regen items

Level 3
i dislike the latest updates. of course, the previous version was imbalanced (chain and ball, etc.), but you rebalanced it too much imo. due to an enormous amouts of of nerfs and a decreased amount of spawns, the game pace is so much slower and boring now, and it takes much more time to kill a char now, because sleep doesn't regen as much mana, and there are not much insta mana regen items

To be honest the changes ain't that bad. But I do agree about the lack of weapon spawns.

Chain and Ball WAS far too unbalanced; but it still kills good.
Sleeping Perhaps; but you start off with a lot more energy now.
While I did want longer fights between players; it didn't turn out as I wanted and some fights require you to retreat more often than usual.
I won't be doing an update for a while, but I'm thinking of how to mix the two up. This map will never be balanced perfectly; but some stuff was too annoying to NOT fix.

If it really REALLY bothers you stick to V1.00 or V1.01A (http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=11614 can download them under a new file name)

Level 3
Other than new items/weapons, Dangerzone Collar Beeps and the new game mode "5v5 Clanwars" I see what I can do about the slower gameplay next version. It be a while though; having a break unless something important comes up.

Level 3
3D sounds was planned for 1.00... World Editor doesn't like them.
I have one new idea to do 3D sounds for melee weapons... but I can't say it would work

A.I are mixed; sometimes they attack... and of course; they just keep default attacking. They don't do every weapon though, grenades they NEVER EVER use

Level 9
This is fun but there are not much actions that u can do and it's boring ! I mean you search for weapons, you run, you hide and you autoattack most of the time :x it's boring but the "ambiance" (dunno if i can use this word) is really weell done

Level 3
Hmph...
I really cannot approve this, but Needs Fix works.
You must Physically Show evidence she allowed you to work on this map.
I realize it was years ago, but rules are rules.

I've finally managed to contact Satomi after ages, and she should send a reply back to you soon.

In other news (since Starcraft II was a dissapointment) I will be returning to continue work on this map, and hopefully regroup the players.

V1.02 will contain major gameplay changes and tweaks. I will focus on more features in later patches, but I will try and add a ONLY HUMAN PLAYERS mode for the next patch.