• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Destiny Alpha V1.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I totally redid this map, now it's made totally by me. (I don't know why minimap wasn't updated but well)

*The map is no longer taken from/based on a Wc3 melee map.
*All heroes in the previous map were deleted, now I made my own heroes.
*Now there are 4 forces instead of 3.
*There's not longer Naga force. Instead, they're Alliance, Horde, Sentinel and Scourge.
*Now all creeps have the same stats and have updates as long as the game goes
*Mega creeps!
*Towers have Floating Text to show their life (You can't click your towers for Bug/Abuse-Prevention purposes)
*Heroes now can lvlup their abilities instead of having them at level 1.
*"-camera xxxx" command :D

Things I will add in the next version I'm currently working

*Now heroes to be equal (At least 3 in each force, but I'd prefer 4)
*Items (I haven't added items, but I have a lot of ideas and a brand new item system with upgrades)
*Boss ( :D )
*Fix all bugs you find. Testing alone I've found many bugs and I fixed them, but I noticed with a friend that there are some bugs when playing with other people but I can't test by myself so Please, if someone finds a bug, PM me...
*Rebalance current heroes, If you think any hero is kinda imbalanced, you can suggest something :]
*I'll add commands and game modes
*Anyting you suggest to make this map better is welcome :D

Keywords:
bod, battle of destiny, battle, destiny
Contents

Battle of Destiny Alpha V1.00 (Map)

Reviews
21:04, 9th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Fix your descriptions. Either use Map Description Generator (requires java) or Map Description Templates. Set to Awaiting Update. StoPCampinGn00b: After... err months after Hell Master notifying you to update the...

M

21:04, 9th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Fix your descriptions. Either use Map Description Generator (requires java) or Map Description Templates. Set to Awaiting Update.

StoPCampinGn00b: After... err months after Hell Master notifying you to update the description, you still haven't done so. Therefore, I have chosen to reject the map. If you do fix this, you can contact any of the staff related to the map section to take a look at it again. Happy Hiving,
-SCN

These links will be helpful:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/how-add-screenshot-your-map-description-241054/

Level 21
A very poor map which lacks of too many things. Here is my review:-

- The first thing I noticed is that when I click on a tavern, it plays the sound of "TavernWhat". The problem is that this happens everytime I select ANY tavern so if I click any tavern twice, I'll hear "TavernWhat" twice
- Many heroes are still the old ones. Paladin, Mountain King, Death Knight, Dreadlord etc... and the hero Sniper is halfly a CnP from dota. He has two same abilities
- I've noticed that the abilities heroes have are units' abilities and not hero ones so I have all 4 abilities learnt at level 1. Not good at all
- Well, the items are nothing new to my eyes. You just took some of the old items and threw them in the Goblin Merchant
- Some things are unfitting. Why do the undead have a Cannon Tower (referred to the name of the model) and the towers of the naga have the model of the Spawning Grounds?
- When I destroyed the main building of the Naga, it didn't stop spawning its units. I guess the same thing will occur with Humans and Undead
- Why do humans have 4 heroes while undead have 3 and naga only 1? That's unfair. And also, if I choose a race, I should be able to pick the heroes of that race and of the neutral race only, not of all races

SUGGESTIONS:-
- The bug of the tavern must be working via triggers so its better to remove the triggers which play the sound of "TavernWhat"
- You MUST make new innovative heroes with brand new abilities. Don't take heroes from other maps like DotA. That's not creating new heroes, that's copying
- The abilities of the heroes must be hero ones and should be learnable so that as I level up, I learn them
- Create new items and don't let them resemble too much old ones
- Undead should have the Spirit Tower or Nerubian Tower, not Cannon Tower
- For the Naga, let their tower be the Tidal Guardian
- When I destroy the main buildings of a race, stop their units from spawning
- Each race should have an equal number of heroes

OVERALL RESULT
In conclusion, this maps is lacking and cheap. It needs more work. I'll give it 2/5 and AWAIT UPDATE! If the terrain was at least done by you and not taken from a melee map, I would have given a higher rating

Last edited:
Level 4
A very poor map which lacks of too many things. Here is my review:-

- The first thing I noticed is that when I click on a tavern, it plays the sound of "TavernWhat". The problem is that this happens everytime I select ANY tavern so if I click any tavern twice, I'll hear "TavernWhat" twice
- Many heroes are still the old ones. Paladin, Mountain King, Death Knight, Dreadlord etc... and the hero Sniper is halfly a CnP from dota. He has two same abilities
- I've noticed that the abilities heroes have are units' abilities and not hero ones so I have all 4 abilities learnt at level 1. Not good at all
- Well, the items are nothing new to my eyes. You just took some of the old items and threw them in the Goblin Merchant
- Some things are unfitting. Why do the undead have a Cannon Tower (referred to the name of the model) and the towers of the naga have the model of the Spawning Grounds?
- When I destroyed the main building of the Naga, it didn't stop spawning its units. I guess the same thing will occur with Humans and Undead
- Why do humans have 4 heroes while undead have 3 and naga only 1? That's unfair. And also, if I choose a race, I should be able to pick the heroes of that race and of the neutral race only, not of all races

SUGGESTIONS:-
- The bug of the tavern must be working via triggers so its better to remove the triggers which play the sound of "TavernWhat"
- You MUST make new innovative heroes with brand new abilities. Don't take heroes from other maps like DotA. That's not creating new heroes, that's copying
- The abilities of the heroes must be hero ones and should be learnable so that as I level up, I learn those them
- Create new items and don't let them resemble too much old ones
- Undead should have the Spirit Tower or Nerubian Tower, not Cannon Tower
- For the Naga, let their tower be the Tidal Guardian
- When I destroy the main buildings of a race, stop their units from spawning
- Each race should have an equal number of heroes

OVERALL RESULT
In conclusion, this maps is lacking and cheap. It needs more work. I'll give it 2/5 and AWAIT UPDATE! If the terrain was at least done by you and not taken from a melee map, I would have given a higher rating

Thank you very much for your review.

1st- About the bug of the tavern, I really don't know why it happends, I'm working alone and I have nobody to test the map so It's a little hard to me to test everything, and my pc doesn't have sound so I didn't notice about that

2nd- I'd really like to create my own heroes, but as I said, I don't have help, I tried to make 4 heroes for each tavern, I tried to do some abilities totally different to dota, but they were too hard to code for me (I don't know Jass and I'm not expert on GUI/MUI)

3rd- My first idea of the map was that abilities grow ups with the heroes instead of leveling them up every level (I think as you should have notice, all abilities are weak starting the game and they become stronger as the game goes on)

4th- About the towers. I know that, I'll do the change

5th- About the items, I have a lot ideas for them, But I have nobody to test, so I prefer to don't add them until I find a person who helps me to test (I don't want to make items that only works with the host or have weird effects with some players)

6th- I know the map still lacking a lot of things and I appreciate your review. I will work for the beta, I'll try to add more heroes to be equal (at least 4 for each side including "other" tavern) and I'll fix all those bugs asap.

Again, thank you very much for your review!

Level 21
Thank you very much for your review.

1st- About the bug of the tavern, I really don't know why it happends, I'm working alone and I have nobody to test the map so It's a little hard to me to test everything, and my pc doesn't have sound so I didn't notice about that

2nd- I'd really like to create my own heroes, but as I said, I don't have help, I tried to make 4 heroes for each tavern, I tried to do some abilities totally different to dota, but they were too hard to code for me (I don't know Jass and I'm not expert on GUI/MUI)

3rd- My first idea of the map was that abilities grow ups with the heroes instead of leveling them up every level (I think as you should have notice, all abilities are weak starting the game and they become stronger as the game goes on)

4th- About the towers. I know that, I'll do the change

5th- About the items, I have a lot ideas for them, But I have nobody to test, so I prefer to don't add them until I find a person who helps me to test (I don't want to make items that only works with the host or have weird effects with some players)

6th- I know the map still lacking a lot of things and I appreciate your review. I will work for the beta, I'll try to add more heroes to be equal (at least 4 for each side including "other" tavern) and I'll fix all those bugs asap.

Again, thank you very much for your review!

I will be glad to help you with the creation of your map and to aid you with trigger issues and object data. Just contact me for further info and I'll surely help you!

Level 4
Map Updated.

I don't know why it's still showing old's map Minimap but well.

I've been busy w/ the university so I couldn't update this map before, but I'm here again to work on it again, I will appreciate any suggestion you have and remember, this is just an alpha version (I will add a lot of brand new things in newer versions)