• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net Launcher + W3Editor 1.30.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys,

right now i was actively mapping in 1.30.4. In the meantime i had my Battle.net Launcher update Overwatch. After Updating Overwatch, the Battle.net Launcher told me it's updating w3 (with a red X as the Game Logo)

I wasn't sure what it meant and if maybe a Beta comes, but here it goes:
Suddenly i couldn't save the changes in my Currently editted map, because symbols of custom functions were not declared. Since I didn't want to continue mapping anymore, I tried everything I could find, to make a save go through the compiler.

I saved the map and closed the Editor. Because of all that weird stuff happening I thought: "Better make a copy and check if i can open the mapfile in the Editor"

And suddenly it told me I couldn't start it, because I was missing the ClientSDK.dll.
I've checked the folder, noticed a x86 and a x86_64 and you guys probably guess it by now: My stupid Warcraft 3 updated itself via Battle Net Launcher to 1.31b (6072) According to the W3Editor.

I just wanted to warn you guys. I'm not sure if it was already posted somewhere or happend to someone, but it happend without any interaction from my side, so it might happen to you too (if you're also mapping in 1.30.4) Afterwards I removed all the lines necessary to save the map an hour ago and it still worked. So the problem was the hidden Update while actively using W3Editor...

P.S. The reason I was scared of updating is the compatibility of my map.

Level 5
I guess that's a good idea to have a few backup folders. Right now I guess I'm lucky since the map is fully compatible afaik.

It was more related to the fact that the Battle.net Launcher did a sneaky on me and updated W3, just because it noticed I was actively using the W3Editor. The Battle.net.config even remembers the last time i played "W3".

Status
Not open for further replies.