1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle.net Launcher + W3Editor 1.30.4

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Jimpanse1, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys,

right now i was actively mapping in 1.30.4. In the meantime i had my Battle.net Launcher update Overwatch. After Updating Overwatch, the Battle.net Launcher told me it's updating w3 (with a red X as the Game Logo)

I wasn't sure what it meant and if maybe a Beta comes, but here it goes:
    Suddenly i couldn't save the changes in my Currently editted map, because symbols of custom functions were not declared. Since I didn't want to continue mapping anymore, I tried everything I could find, to make a save go through the compiler.

I saved the map and closed the Editor. Because of all that weird stuff happening I thought: "Better make a copy and check if i can open the mapfile in the Editor"

And suddenly it told me I couldn't start it, because I was missing the ClientSDK.dll.
    I've checked the folder, noticed a x86 and a x86_64 and you guys probably guess it by now: My stupid Warcraft 3 updated itself via Battle Net Launcher to 1.31b (6072) According to the W3Editor.

I just wanted to warn you guys. I'm not sure if it was already posted somewhere or happend to someone, but it happend without any interaction from my side, so it might happen to you too (if you're also mapping in 1.30.4) Afterwards I removed all the lines necessary to save the map an hour ago and it still worked. So the problem was the hidden Update while actively using W3Editor...

P.S. The reason I was scared of updating is the compatibility of my map.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just copy older Warcraft III versions to another folder after installation and use them.

3. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess that's a good idea to have a few backup folders. Right now I guess I'm lucky since the map is fully compatible afaik.

It was more related to the fact that the Battle.net Launcher did a sneaky on me and updated W3, just because it noticed I was actively using the W3Editor. The Battle.net.config even remembers the last time i played "W3".