1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle in Magicforest

Submitted by Nordmar
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
[​IMG]
Current Version: 1.1

Contents

Battle in Magicforest (Map)

Reviews
Eat_Bacon_Daily
Played it with a bunch of my buds just now. First off I love this game. The concept is fun original and seems very polished. I haven't seen a new multiplayer game this fun in a very very long time. Heroes were original and spells were cool too. I...
  1. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The shop with advanced items can't be visited in this version (1.1). I am still working on new items.

2. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks really fan, i'll check it out!

3. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nice. I am always up for some games btw. ign:Fireche (EU-server) .. sometimes hanging around in Clan THW

4. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oh cool, is it uploded to makemehost.com btw?

5. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hm no. I usually host with ENT. But ill upload it on makemehost right now.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good-looking description!
    However, I would really recommend that you upload the pictures to Hive instead of another website.
    I'd also recommend to not put them in a quote, since then we can't see the full version unless we click the image, wich is just a drag.

You can keep it as it is. Just some advice. :)

7. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played it with a bunch of my buds just now.

First off I love this game. The concept is fun original and seems very polished. I haven't seen a new multiplayer game this fun in a very very long time. Heroes were original and spells were cool too. I especially like the events, I looked forward to them every time. Also the items were super cool and original. You honestly got a fan in me right now.
    Though there were issues.

First off just small suggestions
    -Templar Night Elf (the hero I played), has the voice of a male village. It kinda felt like a lame mistake in such a polished map.
    -Add a quest log explaining a few things. (I had no idea how to reach the recepie shop, I didn't know why opponents had different and stronger creeps than us, Though I loved the idea of ability power bonuses, I could not tell if my spells benefited from them (do all spells benefit from it or only some?))

And there were so pretty large bugs unfortunately
    -As I was playing The Night Elf templar, her (Q) and (E) just stopped working. If cast, she would just stand there and do nothing, the spells didn't go on cooldown either, maybe that'll help you find the issue. Fortunately the spells did get fixed after a duel for some reason.
    -This may be related to the following bug, but during a 1v1 duel in which i did not participate (at the same time as my spells were broke), my hero was not paused and continued attacking the units.
    -We had another huge bug that fortunately only occurred when the game ended. My friend playing the orc kung fu master or something, walked in a little crack behind the portal on the bottom team side and his hero changed to creep ownership and multiplied. Then these heroes just started walking down the lane and attacking the remaining players
    -There was also a smaller bug, where the tool tip for evasion would remain at 0%.

Hope you fix these soon, because I love your map and you can be sure I will binge play it a bunch with my friends when you got these things fixed!
    By the way, are you planning on adding more types of events? That would be super cool!
    I will not rate your map right now, because I feel it deserves a 5/5, but I cannot give that ratings in it's current buggy state.

8. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yay, I am glad you enjoyed my map.
    A quest log and the voice change is planned for such a long time already. It will definitely be done for the next version.

The "can't move bug" is known and will hopefully be fixed soon. The changing ownership bug is new to me lol..but will also be fixed in the next version. Thank you for pointing out all the bugs. Much appreciated!

Yes, a new event is already planned and it's going to be AMAZING so wait for the next version !

9. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Happy to hear it :)

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have the errors been fixed? I think the Revenant (icon) hero's first spell (Q) didn't work for a while until it started working. The interesting thing was that the hero kept the order and cast the spell by himself at some point. It might be related to the check your stats/hero ability but I'm not sure.

11. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    not yet. I am currently on vacation. I will fix it in the upcoming week though.

12. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hai, congrats
    Wtii, a descently large streamer played your map on stream.
    Twitch
    He found some issues, you should try and fix :)