1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle for Icecrown Glacier

Submitted by Lordul Dracula
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
User who uploaded this Presents

Battle for Icecrown Glacier
Created by Lordul Dracula

Map Info:

Features:

New Races

a. Human-Chaos Orc
b. Orc-Ice Undead
c. Undead-Nerubian
d. Night Elf

Screenshots
[​IMG]

Screenshots2
[​IMG]

Screenshots3
[​IMG]

Credits:

Models

1 Ujimasa Hojo
2 MasterHaosis
3 alfredx_sotn
4 Red XIII
5 -Grendel
6 UgoUgo
7 Sellenisko
8 AndrewOverload519
9 Zerox
10 paulH
11 Sin'dorei300
12 Kuegukecku
13 UgoUgo
14 Thrikodius
15 eubz
16 epsilon
17 Frankster

Icons

1 Ujimasa Hojo
2 MasterHaosis
3 CRAZYRUSSIAN
4 D.ee
5 Hellx-Magnus
6 PeeKay
7 Zerox
8 -BerZeKeR-
9 JollyD
10 AndrewOverload519
11 Thrikodius
12 FrIkY
13 Stanakin Skywalker
14 Marcos DAB

Keywords:
Old,Battle,Ice,Glaciar
Contents

Battle for Icecrown Glacier (Map)

Reviews
21:24, 9th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Fix broken bb code in description. Set to Awaiting Update.
  1. 21:24, 9th Mar 2014
    Hell_Master: Fix broken bb code in description. Set to Awaiting Update.

2. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Really disappointing map! From the screenshots I expected a great map but it was deluding. Here is my review:-

- No Melee AI for computers
    - Many heroes are still the old ones with a different model. Example, all Nerubian heroes, Shadow Hunter, Pit Lord...
    - The Chaos Orc race was very disappointing! Two clones of the "Blademaster", both have the same 4 abilities. The only difference is that one has the model of Grom Possessed, the other has the model of the Blademaster of Blackrock Clan
    - Some icons didn't really fit the buildings. Example:- Altar of the Spider, Assailant Spire...
    - Many abilities, units and researches are too obviously copy-pasted. Example, Broom Missile, Bladestorm, Frost Comet, Frost Death, ALL units of the Chaos Orc race, Freezing Breath (do I need to continue?)
    - Why can I buy an Orb of Frost from the Voodoo Lounge without having a tier 3 building?
    - An ability is called "Breath of Fire" while its missile is breath of frost
    - The description in the loading screen is still the old one, nothing new
    - A lot of little mistakes like New Graveyard called "Graveyardnew", Arachnathid called "Arachnidtid" (the model is called like that but it's spelt incorrectly), Skullborb which doesn't even exist and many others...

Better to stop here, there are many other issues I'd want to talk about but I'll go to the suggestions

SUGGESTIONS:-
    - Really, you MUST URGENTLY work on the Chaos Orc race, it's completely copy-pasted and having TWO BLADEMASTERS in one Altar is the worst idea I saw in my life. Change units HP, attack damage, armor and cooldown
    - All normal heroes should be turned into custom ones
    - The description in the loading screen should be changed
    - Icons MUST fit the model or at least have a slight similarity like the "Barracks" icon could fit the "Chaos Barracks" model
    - Don't make anything seem blatantly copy-pasted
    - Correct all little mistakes

Evidently, this map is too simple and doesn't have enough innovative things to be approved. Meh, 1.5/5 and vote for REJECTION!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They are no chaos tauren at all remove it

4. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Hive Workshop Official
    [​IMG]

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
    Map Name: Battle of Icecrown Glacier
    Map Author: Lordul Dracula

[​IMG]

Presentation

The map presentation has the necessary parts, however, it lacks designing.
    You can improve the description using BB Codes, it allows you to make the description more interesting.

Score: 40/100

Design

Typos :
    Ancien Mine (Ancient Mine)
    Alcient Altar (Ancient Altar)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Many Tooltip Errors
    Names of most units are pretty similar
    Research are too similar to original
    Each race should have 4 heroes instead of 3
    Races are too similar in original, the most difference one can see is their models and icons.
    Most spells are original use custom ones will be great.
    Don't use active icons on passive skills!

Score: 20/100
    Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

Object Data

I recommend shrinking down the imports, some can be reduced by 1-20 KB without loosing much quality of the import itself.
    Pretty much most doesn't seems to have any great issue, but the filesize is pretty much annoying and some stuff below :
    [1] Units mostly have default stats and skills, that's boring
    [2] Vaults have default items which some aren't corresponding to it's current state
    These imports must be shrinked down a little due to their size :
    [1] ArcaneSpire.mdx
    [2] FelOrcEnforcer.mdx
    [3] QueldoreiStatue.blp

Score: 45/100

Gameplay

Gameplay is pretty boring, it doesn't really bring great atmosphere to the map, in addition to lacking AI, I don't really recommend the map in any way due to its similarity to original maps.

Score: 10/100
    Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

[​IMG]

Site Rules
    Map still in development? Make a thread in the Map Development Section for feedback.
    Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
    Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.

[​IMG]

Final Score: 28.750/100
    1/5 Vote for Rejection

[​IMG]
    Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)