• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Icecrown Glacier

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
User who uploaded this Presents

Battle for Icecrown Glacier
Created by Lordul Dracula

Map Info:

Features:

New Races

a. Human-Chaos Orc
b. Orc-Ice Undead
c. Undead-Nerubian
d. Night Elf

Screenshot_1_16_2014_6_50_46_PM.png

Screenshot_1_16_2014_7_01_04_PM.png

Screenshot_1_16_2014_7_20_47_PM.png

Credits:

1 Ujimasa Hojo
2 MasterHaosis
3 alfredx_sotn
4 Red XIII
5 -Grendel
6 UgoUgo
7 Sellenisko
8 AndrewOverload519
9 Zerox
10 paulH
11 Sin'dorei300
12 Kuegukecku
13 UgoUgo
14 Thrikodius
15 eubz
16 epsilon
17 Frankster

1 Ujimasa Hojo
2 MasterHaosis
3 CRAZYRUSSIAN
4 D.ee
5 Hellx-Magnus
6 PeeKay
7 Zerox
8 -BerZeKeR-
9 JollyD
10 AndrewOverload519
11 Thrikodius
12 FrIkY
13 Stanakin Skywalker
14 Marcos DAB

Keywords:
Old,Battle,Ice,Glaciar
Contents

Battle for Icecrown Glacier (Map)

Reviews
21:24, 9th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Fix broken bb code in description. Set to Awaiting Update.

M

21:24, 9th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Fix broken bb code in description. Set to Awaiting Update.

Level 21
Really disappointing map! From the screenshots I expected a great map but it was deluding. Here is my review:-

- No Melee AI for computers
- Many heroes are still the old ones with a different model. Example, all Nerubian heroes, Shadow Hunter, Pit Lord...
- The Chaos Orc race was very disappointing! Two clones of the "Blademaster", both have the same 4 abilities. The only difference is that one has the model of Grom Possessed, the other has the model of the Blademaster of Blackrock Clan
- Some icons didn't really fit the buildings. Example:- Altar of the Spider, Assailant Spire...
- Many abilities, units and researches are too obviously copy-pasted. Example, Broom Missile, Bladestorm, Frost Comet, Frost Death, ALL units of the Chaos Orc race, Freezing Breath (do I need to continue?)
- Why can I buy an Orb of Frost from the Voodoo Lounge without having a tier 3 building?
- An ability is called "Breath of Fire" while its missile is breath of frost
- The description in the loading screen is still the old one, nothing new
- A lot of little mistakes like New Graveyard called "Graveyardnew", Arachnathid called "Arachnidtid" (the model is called like that but it's spelt incorrectly), Skullborb which doesn't even exist and many others...

Better to stop here, there are many other issues I'd want to talk about but I'll go to the suggestions

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Really, you MUST URGENTLY work on the Chaos Orc race, it's completely copy-pasted and having TWO BLADEMASTERS in one Altar is the worst idea I saw in my life. Change units HP, attack damage, armor and cooldown
- All normal heroes should be turned into custom ones
- The description in the loading screen should be changed
- Icons MUST fit the model or at least have a slight similarity like the "Barracks" icon could fit the "Chaos Barracks" model
- Don't make anything seem blatantly copy-pasted
- Correct all little mistakes

Evidently, this map is too simple and doesn't have enough innovative things to be approved. Meh, 1.5/5 and vote for REJECTION!

Last edited:
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
Map Name: Battle of Icecrown Glacier
Map Author: Lordul Dracula

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Presentation

The map presentation has the necessary parts, however, it lacks designing.
You can improve the description using BB Codes, it allows you to make the description more interesting.

Score: 40/100

Design

Typos :
Ancien Mine (Ancient Mine)
Alcient Altar (Ancient Altar)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Tooltip Errors
Names of most units are pretty similar
Research are too similar to original
Each race should have 4 heroes instead of 3
Races are too similar in original, the most difference one can see is their models and icons.
Most spells are original use custom ones will be great.
Don't use active icons on passive skills!

Score: 20/100
Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

Object Data

I recommend shrinking down the imports, some can be reduced by 1-20 KB without loosing much quality of the import itself.
Pretty much most doesn't seems to have any great issue, but the filesize is pretty much annoying and some stuff below :
[1] Units mostly have default stats and skills, that's boring
[2] Vaults have default items which some aren't corresponding to it's current state
These imports must be shrinked down a little due to their size :
[1] ArcaneSpire.mdx
[2] FelOrcEnforcer.mdx
[3] QueldoreiStatue.blp

Score: 45/100

Gameplay

Gameplay is pretty boring, it doesn't really bring great atmosphere to the map, in addition to lacking AI, I don't really recommend the map in any way due to its similarity to original maps.

Score: 10/100
Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Site Rules
Map still in development? Make a thread in the Map Development Section for feedback.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 28.750/100
1/5 Vote for Rejection

mr_user_Daffa_the_Mage.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)