• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Base Order ID Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am making a small side-project aside from my main one to help a friend. In it the hero will use multiple magic schools, so the idea is to make a spell book and title it "Fire" then inside it would be Rain of Fire, Firebolt, Flame Strike, etc. The same goes for the other schools (Frost, Arcane, etc.)

Now the problem is, the base order IDs are limited and many are used for things already in-game. So my question is, is there a way to make custom ones to use?

Level 5
I don't know if this would work, but couldn't you try double clicking on that field while holding down shift to edit the text directly? I've never tried that, but who knows?

Although, I think there are enough base order IDs to satisfy the needs of a few spell books.

Level 5
So in my years using this editor I never noticed you could do what you suggested? Well it appears to work. Thanks for the idea >.<

EDIT: Nevermind, they seem to be overlapping in the spellbook.

Level 7
I don't know if this would work, but couldn't you try double clicking on that field while holding down shift to edit the text directly? I've never tried that, but who knows?

Although, I think there are enough base order IDs to satisfy the needs of a few spell books.

Wow I too didn't knew that..

But I don't think you can actually run out of base order ids for spell books. I don't think anything would happen if a spell and spellbooks base order ids overlap.

Level 5
May I ask what exactly it is you are trying to do? Surely, there are enough base order IDs to satisfy the needs of one map. Although, I am a little disappointed that making your own ones doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.