• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Barrens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Another sunset. : <

Update: Lightning changes & Moar background.

Edit: I'm gonna keep the sky stretched cause I <3 high FoV. : >

Attachments

• Barrens.png
    Barrens.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 271
  • Barrens (2).png
    Barrens (2).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 19
looks nice, what tile did you use?
also the sky is kinda stretched(it gives the illusion that its a box and the rocks are bad (the model that is)

Level 36
Man, terraining has changed so much in just the last year or so, it's funny. If you had posted something like this back in like 07, you would have been revered like MadseN or something, lol.

Yeah that's how things go. And if MadseN had posted his shit back in 05, daaaamnn....

looks nice, what tile did you use?

Sunken ruins dirt and sand as well as a few bits of rough dirt.

Level 18
wow its okay.

the sky seems a bit strange, probably because od the camera angle you choose.

maybe, if you made the sky 5 times bigger, it wont seem as stretched as it would if it was smaller.. As for the background, the fog needs to be a bit thicker...or depper in so that some mountains are present.

i <3 that cliff btw

Level 19
Actually there are three different tiles. Two types of sand and one dirt. I think the way it looks smooth is what would be most realistic in a savannah landscape like this. : /

The rocks are called Steinlord. If you don't got 'em I can send them to you if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.