• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barren Badlands

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Barren Badlands

Back-story

In the foregrounds of the barrens landscape a small entwine of dessert, barrens and sunken ruins has arose. The badlands are full of strong enemies and the resourcing is slim, and gold mines are well defended, the player must balance between attempting to get an expansion and not letting their forces get weak from over-creeping. The vast open space allows flanking and large amounts of melee ranged units to be an effect weapon in the tactical arsenal.
Screen Shots

2.png

Untitle7d.png

Map Info

Statistics

Players: 2
Taverns: No
Shops: None
Fountains: 1
Goldmines: 4
Current Version: v.1
Credits:

Me

v.1 initial map release
Contents

Barren Badlands (Map)

Reviews
08:49, 9th Mar 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Again your map isn't balanced right! Gold mine should not be placed in front of starting location. Also do not place expansion gold mine so much close to starting base, undead army can easily destroy...

M

08:49, 9th Mar 2011
-Kobas-:
Again your map isn't balanced right!
Gold mine should not be placed in front of starting location. Also do not place expansion gold mine so much close to starting base, undead army can easily destroy few trees and create 1 base on 2 gold mines. Item drops are bad. But I see some improvements in terrain.

Level 10
this one is just meh in my opinion, been trying to learn terraining and entering in "The Picture 3" contest, so been just mapping a bit here and there when I got tired of trying to make a still frame terrain. Next week I got a bunch of days off and I'm going to be working on a bigger melee project; one that will be really worth checking so if you liked any of my maps watch for it ;D

Level 21
You know what I love about the Horde?
THEY HAVE AWESOME LOCATIONS!!!
Downloading map and I'll be sure to tell you what I like about the map.