• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrage Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need a Siege Engine (Barrage) Missile.
Infact there should be 3 Missiles, they should use the same Projectile Art as a Siege Engine with the Barrage Upgrade. But they should fly upwards, like fireworks, a bit randomly (spreading out), starting at the same time, and explode in three different colours like on the Barrage Ability Icon violet, orange and turquoise/cyan. (well the different coloury explosions are just a little gimmick, so if thats too mush- don't add it)

Yeah i am remaking the siege engine, his 1st attack can target ground, with a missile, and the secound attack should target air and cause splash damage. Since the Barrage Ability changes the Projectile art, so stupidly also the projectile from the first attack, i don't see how this can be fixed easily..
Another solution would be creating dummy units but then again, i would like to have a "real attack" with damage display in the hud.. and couple of other things.. tried around a lot, nothing seems to work with the stupid siege engine, i guess some things are hard coded with it, at many points i didn't understand why it was still not doing what i wanted...

So i figured this solution with one target, splash damage and another projectile art from the start will be the easier and prehaps only solution.

Thanks in advance.

Noticed that the Missile Turret stores/shoots the Motar Missile. So i guess using these one would be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.