• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request Barrage Missiles and Editor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Another solution i just tried and it failed again at another point..

However two new questions: Can you edit the "Z" Coordinate of a TempPoint?
Thought that Closter Rockets could bring the Solution, but they always want to hit the ground and you can't order the Dummy Unit to targat a Unit, only Temp Points... so yeah Fail.

The Other Question is that for example in this scenario i only wanted to add the missile art, the "spell" cluster rockets, should have no effect, so the question now is can you say targets: something that nothing will ever be affected? (Like target: Hero, Non-Hero?)

I need a Siege Engine (Barrage) Missile.
Infact there should be 3 Missiles, they should use the same Projectile Art as a Siege Engine with the Barrage Upgrade. But they should fly upwards, like fireworks, a bit randomly (spreading out), starting at the same time, and explode in three different colours like on the Barrage Ability Icon violet, orange and turquoise/cyan. (well the different coloury explosions are just a little gimmick, so if thats too mush- don't add it)

Yeah i am remaking the siege engine, his 1st attack can target ground, with a missile, and the second attack should target air and cause splash damage. Since the Barrage Ability changes the Projectile art, so stupidly also the projectile from the first attack, i don't see how this can be fixed easily..
Another solution would be creating dummy units but then again, i would like to have a "real attack" with damage display in the hud.. and couple of other things.. tried around a lot, nothing seems to work with the stupid siege engine, i guess some things are hard coded with it, at many points i didn't understand why it was still not doing what i wanted...

So i figured this solution with one target, splash damage and another projectile art from the start will be the easier and prehaps only solution.

Thanks in advance.

Noticed that the Missile Turret stores/shoots the Motar Missile. So i guess using these one would be better.

yip

yip

Level 3
1 - I'm pretty sure points only store X and Y information. "Z" (which I'm assuming is height) should be changed directly on the unit, and there's an action for it under 'Animation'. As far as I know, height is completely cosmetic in wc3.

2 - There's a 'None' option. Just check that.

3 - You want to make a projectile that explodes in the air without a unit target?

Only if you use dummies for the rockets (There's an action to change their vertex coloring too so you can have them be nicely colored).

You can progressively increase their flying height, move them to the target points (offset from the main target point I'm assuming) then have them damage all air units around it as they expire (Their "death animation" is probably blowing up so no worries there). So you'd have to use an ability that targets a point.

OR you could use Barrage with 3 maximum targets, but that would have no colored rockets or splash damage.

Level 8
Nah i gave up on the Barrage thing. I mean the Siege Engine shoots 3 missiles and then only one Missile flys towards an enemy unit - thats kinda lame imho.

So u suggest creating dummy units (missiles) that fly up, so i guess u need to give them the strom crow ability and so on...

I came up with another solution, haven't tried it yet but i guess it might work. I will create two dummy target units at random offset of original target, which are controled by neutral passive, have no model and have lolcust, which are then targeted by two dummy siege engiens which shoot at those dummy targets.

Or do dummy target units have a problem im not aware about?

2. Oh neat! Could i use target none and targeted as none too? :p this would make dummy targets easier

yip

yip

Level 3
I came up with another solution, haven't tried it yet but i guess it might work. I will create two dummy target units at random offset of original target, which are controled by neutral passive, have no model and have lolcust, which are then targeted by two dummy siege engiens which shoot at those dummy targets.

Or do dummy target units have a problem im not aware about?

You could try, I guess that's another alternative.

EDIT: After 9999 years i realized what you were talking about up there with the storm crows, I guess I forgot about that completely, and you're right.

Last edited:
Level 25
Dummy units can target units, just give the dummy unit an attack!
Give the dummy unit the cluster rocket missile, mortar team missile, etc, then just create X amounts of dummy units at the caster that target Y hovering dummy units with J height.
Add desired timed life and you have a spell that shoots rockets at the air.

Level 8
i dont understand this... the dummy units will allways shoot the closet unit - and not a random point?! what happend?

SOLVED don't give your Target Dummy Unit Lolcust....

• Attkd2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Steam Roaler (Barrage)
          • ((Attacked unit) is A flying unit) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempUnit = (Attacking unit)
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
          • Set TempUnit2 = (Attacked unit)
          • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of TempUnit2)
          • Unit - Create 1 Lesser Dark Minion *Attack Dummy Steam Roller Barrage for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempPoint facing TempPoint2
          • Set TempUnit3 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Lesser Dark Minion *Target Dummy Steam Roller Barrage for Neutral Passive at (TempPoint2 offset by (Random real number between 25.00 and 150.00) towards (Random angle) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set TempUnit4 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Lesser Dark Minion *Attack Dummy Steam Roller Barrage for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempPoint facing TempPoint2
          • Set TempUnit5 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Lesser Dark Minion *Target Dummy Steam Roller Barrage for Neutral Passive at (TempPoint2 offset by (Random real number between 25.00 and 150.00) towards (Random angle) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set TempUnit6 = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order TempUnit3 to Attack Once TempUnit4
          • Unit - Order TempUnit5 to Attack Once TempUnit6
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit3
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit4
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit5
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit6
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint2 )
          • Set TempUnit = No unit
          • Set TempUnit2 = No unit
          • Set TempUnit3 = No unit
          • Set TempUnit4 = No unit
          • Set TempUnit5 = No unit
          • Set TempUnit6 = No unit
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.