• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barracks Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there !

I have a Barracks that sells units (Like a mercenary camp), but the problem is, I don't know how to get it to start the stock from 0 and regenerate it upwards, instead it starts on full.

Level 14
Hi there !

I have a Barracks that sells units (Like a mercenary camp), but the problem is, I don't know how to get it to start the stock from 0 and regenerate it upwards, instead it starts on full.

So... Stockstart = 0, StockMax = ??? and StockRegen = ???

Have you checked these values in your object editor?

EDIT: ow just a sec, those are the rawnames with control + d

Here are the normal names:
Stats - Stock Start Delay (Stock Start Amount)
Stats - Stock Maximum (Maximum Amount of Stock)
Stats - Stock Replenish Interval (The time between adding 1 stock)

Make sure the values are set correctly...
For example:

Start Delay = 0 (0 stock to start with)
Maximum = 10 (10 is the maximum so it doesn't replenish stock above this value)
Replenish Interval = 2 (Every 2 seconds 1 stock gets added)

Last edited:
Level 2
No wonder I missed it, I thought Stock Start Delay was like a delay as to when the stock start to replenish , :? Idiotic WE, lol. Thanks !

Level 14
No wonder I missed it, I thought Stock Start Delay was like a delay as to when the stock start to replenish , :? Idiotic WE, lol. Thanks !

Press control + d inside the editor for more logical names and of course for raw data...

EDIT: yay you gave me a nice green crystal xD!

Level 2
Haha, Thanks for the help, but the problem still persists, both Barracks and Soldier's stockStart are on 0, the Soldier's stockMax is 10 and his stockRegen is 10. Though still when I click barracks as soon as it appears it shows 10.

Level 14
Haha, Thanks for the help, but the problem still persists, both Barracks and Soldier's stockStart are on 0, the Soldier's stockMax is 10 and his stockRegen is 10. Though still when I click barracks as soon as it appears it shows 10.

Hmm that's strange indeed, sorry for this late respond. Could you perhaps try and setting the stockRegen to a lower amount like 1 or so? See what happens...

Level 11
Attach the map IMO, it's really hard to know what you're doing wrong. This shouldn't be complicated, so there has to be a miscommunication here.

Level 9
Problem is with stock start. Its not exacly count of units at start but DELAY of start counting. If you set it to 0 it will be max at start. Set it to 15 for 15 sec delay.

-----
TIPS
-----
Stock MAX - Max unit count
Stock Regen - Time needed for each unit added to stock
Stock Start - Time needed to start count units (delay)

Level 14
Problem is with stock start. Its not exacly count of units at start but DELAY of start counting. If you set it to 0 it will be max at start. Set it to 15 for 15 sec delay.

-----
TIPS
-----
Stock MAX - Max unit count
Stock Regen - Time needed for each unit added to stock
Stock Start - Time needed to start count units (delay)

Hmm I forgot about that... Thanks.
I just thought by seeing the name that it's the start amount, not the delay before start counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.