• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bane of the Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Project Name:
The Black Book: Bane of the Spider.

Description:
A dark campaign exploring the Nerubian struggle against the emerging dominion of Ner’zhul.

Preface:
From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants. With little effort, he enslaved the minds of many indigenous creatures, including ice trolls and fierce wendigo, and he drew their evil brethren into his growing shadow. His psychic powers proved to be almost limitless, and he used them to create a small army that he housed within Icecrown's twisting labyrinths. As the Lich King mastered his growing abilities under the dreadlords' persistent vigil, he discovered a remote human settlement on the fringe of the vast Dragonblight. On a whim, Ner'zhul decided to test his powers on the unsuspecting humans.

Ner'zhul cast a plague of undeath - which had originated from deep within the Frozen Throne, out into the arctic wasteland. Controlling the plague with his will alone, he drove it straight into the human village. Within three days, everyone in the settlement was dead, but shortly thereafter, the dead villagers began to rise as zombified corpses. Ner'zhul could feel their individual spirits and thoughts as if they were his own. The raging cacophony in his mind caused Ner'zhul to grow even more powerful, as if their spirits provided him with much-needed nourishment. He found it was child's play to control the zombies' actions and steer them to whatever end he wished.

Over the following months, Ner'zhul continued to experiment with his plague of undeath by subjugating every human inhabitant of Northrend. With his army of undead growing daily, he knew that the time for his true test was nearing.

Campaign information
This is a campaign that preludes the Black Book mod. It will involve a sequencial release of missions, so its not a huge undertaking that won't be lost with time. (ie, even if it isn't fully realised, some maps will reach release)

The project explores the events of and leading to the War of the Spider, involving various factions of Northrend prior to the events in TFT. It is a work of fiction inspired by Warcraft lore.

A few shots from the first mission, where you assume control of a surface-dwelling satrapy of Nerubians.:

chapter1-ss01.jpg

chapter1-ss02.jpg

chapter1-ss03.jpg

chapter1-ss04.jpg

A lot of the art is custom, so I didn't want to show off WIP graphics. Those in the first 4 shots may even be further altered before release of part 1.

TBB:BOTS Crew:

Project lead: Whitehorn
Script: Whitehorn
Terrain: Whitehorn, ToxicSeaweed, [Death]
Art: TDR, Erwtenpeller, Unwirklich, Alfred, Jigrael, Whitehorn, Callahan
Audio: Challis
Test: [Death], Jacek, Challis

Further notes:
I'm always on the look out for help. Particularly artists. Also beta testers for mission one soon. I'll probably look for someone to bounce my scripts later too.

Questions welcome.

Further previews:

nubdad_c.jpg

Last edited:
Level 32
The description and preview images of The Black Book: Bane of the Spider are excellent; your team seems top heavy with talent. I'm looking forward to the further development of this project.

Its leader recently showed me a "sneak-peek" of the map's UI: gaga. The general public's eyes may very well pop out if they got a look at THAT. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.