1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bandit Warlock

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by What you don't know, Jan 2, 2008.

1. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    'ello people. I'm new here, kind of.. I've been using the resources for a while, I just never bothered registering..

Anyways, I just "completed" my first skin.. any opinions on how I could improve?
    (Despite the unwrap, when it's on the model it doesn't look that bad.. He's wearing some plaid rags, by the way. <.<)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ....dont use filters....and he is really really flat, no depth in the skin at all. Really, textures dont just pile on like a flat sheet, there is a sense of depth in texturing. Make sure you add MANUAL light tones and shadow tones and then shadows.

3. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't use any filters.. where do you see me using filters?

4. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    all over the skin there is a filter like texture applied, and if thats not filter then its a pretty boring and flat application, as i said, it all requires depth and you need more that just a repetitive pattern all over him, he needs a sense of variety that is aesthetically pleasing when put together as a whole.

5. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    All you did was filter the skin
    Same pattern used over and over
    The face is awesome, love the face
    DON'T CHANGE THAT
    But do something more with the..everything else

6. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem is that I can't do anything else. No matter how much I look at the tutorials, I can't do any metal-like things, and as far as I know there aren't any leather tutorials.

I just remembered that I forgot to do shading, not that it would matter with the armor he has now.. Meh, updated.
    If I can find something out that would look good -and that I could actually do- I'll update again.

7. FireEffect

FireEffect

Resources:
    Resources:
    Redo the armor. Get GIMP, you dont have an alpha layer. Oh and why does he have plaid shoulder pads?

8. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bah, I give up.. I can't skin anything except for "plaid" and I have no idea what half of the terms are. Just ignore this post please.. or could a moderator delete it? -_-

9. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    xD ur funny emo
    face looks good
    hint: in paintshop pro u can change textures 2 leather

10. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The lines in the face are too small to see, clearly at least. They looks like scratches, even in the portrait. Everything is flat and that isn't even armor. He looks like he came to the 1980's and spiced up his clothes.

You gotta be able to do highlights. It is key in skinning.