• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Baldur's Gate ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Multiboard Help PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to RunningAway i don't need any more help atm.

THESE ARE MY MULTIBOARD TRIGGERS

• Creation
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 9 rows, titled Stats:
      • Set board = (Last created multiboard)
      • Set Armor = 0.00
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- width --------
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 6.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 11.00% of the total screen width
          • -------- display style --------
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
      • -------- ==1== --------
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Show icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 8 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 1, row 9 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 1 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 2 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 3 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 4 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 5 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 6 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 7 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 8 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 2, row 9 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 1 to |cff4D2903Player:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 2 to |cffFF0202Strength:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 3 to |cff0041FFIntellige...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 4 to |cff1BE6B8Wisdom:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 5 to |cff530080Dexterity...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 6 to |cffFFFC00Consituti...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 7 to |cffFE890DCharisma:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 8 to |cff1FBF00Experienc...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 2, row 9 to |cffE55AAFPoints:
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 1 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 2 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 3 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 4 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 5 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 6 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 7 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 8 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for board item in column 3, row 9 to 11.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 1 to (Name of (Owner of Amazon 0000 <gen>))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 2 to (( + ((String((Strength of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Include bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 3 to (( + ((String((Intelligence of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Exclude bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 4 to (String(Wisdom))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 5 to (( + ((String((Agility of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Exclude bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 6 to (String(Consitution))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 7 to (String((Player 1 (Red) Food max)))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 8 to (String((Hero experience of Amazon 0000 <gen>)))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 9 to (String(Statpoints))
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 8 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 2, row 9 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 8 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for board item in column 3, row 9 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the icon for board item in column 1, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBlacksmith.blp
      • Multiboard - Show board
      • Multiboard - Minimize board
      • Multiboard - Maximize board

• Updating
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (UnitHero is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set MaxExp = ((Real((Hero level of Amazon 0000 <gen>))) x 200.00)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to (( + ((String((Strength of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Include bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to (( + ((String((Intelligence of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Exclude bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to (String((Mana of Amazon 0000 <gen>)))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 5 to (( + ((String((Agility of Amazon 0000 <gen> (Exclude bonuses)))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 6 to (String((Life of Amazon 0000 <gen>)))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 7 to (( + ((String((Player 1 (Red) Food max))) + )))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 8 to (( + ((String((Hero experience of Amazon 0000 <gen>))) + (/ + ((String(MaxExp)) + )))))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 9 to (( + ((String(Statpoints)) + )))

• Color
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (UnitHero is alive) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If ((Integer((Percentage life of UnitHero))) Greater than or equal to 70) then do (Multiboard - Set the color for board item in column 3, row 6 to (30.00%, 100.00%, 30.00%) with 0.00% transparency) else do (If (((Integer((Percentage life of UnitHero))) Less than 70) and ((Integer((Percentage life of UnitHero))) Greater than or equal to 50)) then do (Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 6 to (100.00%, 100.00%, 30.00%) wi
  • If ((Integer((Percentage mana of UnitHero))) Less than or equal to 50) then do (Multiboard - Set the color for board item in column 3, row 4 to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency) else do (Multiboard - Set the color for board item in column 3, row 4 to (30.00%, 30.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency)
    • Multiboard - Set the color for board item in column 3, row 8 to (100.00%, 30.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

• Dead
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Amazon 0000 <gen>
      • (UnitHero is alive) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Multiboard - Set the color for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 9 to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Attachments

• Baldur's Gate.w3x
    805.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 34
Well we would, but it's jesus-christ-hard to do that with a page longer than the Great wall.

I extremely advise you to add
/hidden] tabs.

Level 9
I suck at multiboards, but one piece of advice. Make your timers into one bigger timer, from experience with frequent timers they are much better in multiplayer if all made into one. I dont think they leak, but always make sure your timers wont leak when you make more, good luck with this it's based off something cool so has potential!

Level 5
So I spent about 30 minutes writing you a fucking essay of a reply about the multiboard and pretty much everything involving baldur's gate and making maps in wc3 then my connection timed out and I lost it.

So I'm gonna try to give you an abbreviated version if I can remember even one thing I wrote before, right now I'm drawing a complete blank. It's been about 6 months since I last checked out the hive and I've sold my copy of wc3 since then so I can't actually test this for you. As far as I remember all you have to do is localize the variables used by the multiboard for each player. You don't actually create a separate board for each player. I had it done up for a dungeon siege like map at some point. Also try to optimize those triggers it would take like 2 seconds and would make things so much easier for you.

I have wc3 installed on an old hd buried in a box somewhere I'll see if I can dig it up for you when I go home for reading week then post the code and a demo map in this thread. I've got a few other things done up that might be useful to you; systems for dialog, parties, joinable npcs, reputation, a bunch of the spells from the games and a million little audio clips and the background music which are probably a bad idea since this is going to be multiplayer?

If you manage to finish this I'll be impressed, if you do the game any justice you'll be my hero. Let me know if you're unsure about anything or have any questions and I'll try to help you out.

Level 5
This should work as I know.

• Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
  • Custom script: set udg_PLAYER = GetLocalPlayer()
  • Multiboard - Set the text for board item in column 3, row 11 to ((String(EXP[(Player number of PLAYER)])) + (/ + (String((Integer(MaxExp[(Player number of PLAYER)]))))))
I'm going to attach an updated version of your map to the post. I tidied up a few of your triggers, optimized a bit of your code, implemented the new stuff and fixed a couple leaks but it was really just minimal stuff, there are still some problems. I left a some suggestions for you in the trigger comments.

I like the load screen by the way, good luck with this.

Attachments

• Baldur's Gate mod.w3x
    806.6 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.