• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bag system bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im trying to implement this >bag system<

I copied all requiered triggers and the obejcts to my map.

Now ingame when I click on next bag or previous bag in my inventory it requires mana and my Hero use a skill instead.

Level 4
Copy the ability from the bag system map over and make sure your bag items use that ability.

I just tried that but my Hero is still using that skill instead.
No matter if I equip new bag ingame or click next or previous bag, my Hero will always use that one skill.

I added some skills from this site to my map and one of those skills I added he is using.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm not sure if I understand this fully, but I believe I've had the same problem before.
If the problem is what I think it is, it's related to the base ability used for the different abilities. When two abilities share the same base ability, attempting to cast one will instead cast the one added to the unit first, so if the ability you're trying to use has the same base ability as one of your Hero abilities it should have issues..
If that's not the problem, could you please try to post more information?

Level 19
Check out if the bag (item in obect editor) has the ability [clickable-item], this ability is also included in the bag system iirc.

Then check if you did all settings correct in the bag system library.
- private constant integer NEXT_BAG_ID = 'I001'
- private constant integer PREV_BAG_ID = 'I002'
- private constant boolean DISPLAY_CURRENT_BAG = true
- private constant boolean REMOVE_HOOK = false <--- NEVER EVER SET THIS TO TRUE. Hooks should be used very carefully, this feature is a no-go.

Concerning usage do not enter negative values into addBag. It may produces errors, because the code has some flaws here. I told the witcher, but I think he will not change it.

Just out of personal interest:
I've coded a similar bag library for my own need, which only uses 1 bag on slot 5.
Has also an optional setting for a second bag on slot 4.
Furthermore you can't remove single bags just the whole stack, but 100% bug free.
The current viewing page is not dropped when you call destroy().
You can increase the bag size up to 99 or drop all bags and items inside them.

Do you want me to upload it?

Level 4
I'm not sure if I understand this fully, but I believe I've had the same problem before.
If the problem is what I think it is, it's related to the base ability used for the different abilities. When two abilities share the same base ability, attempting to cast one will instead cast the one added to the unit first, so if the ability you're trying to use has the same base ability as one of your Hero abilities it should have issues..
If that's not the problem, could you please try to post more information?

Yes something like this. My hero only uses that skill very basic without futher animations. Only just the stomp without anything else.

Check out if the bag (item in obect editor) has the ability [clickable-item], this ability is also included in the bag system iirc.

Then check if you did all settings correct in the bag system library.
- private constant integer NEXT_BAG_ID = 'I001'
- private constant integer PREV_BAG_ID = 'I002'
- private constant boolean DISPLAY_CURRENT_BAG = true
- private constant boolean REMOVE_HOOK = false <--- NEVER EVER SET THIS TO TRUE. Hooks should be used very carefully, this feature is a no-go.

Concerning usage do not enter negative values into addBag. It may produces errors, because the code has some flaws here. I told the witcher, but I think he will not change it.

Just out of personal interest:
I've coded a similar bag library for my own need, which only uses 1 bag on slot 5.
Has also an optional setting for a second bag on slot 4.
Furthermore you can't remove single bags just the whole stack, but 100% bug free.
The current viewing page is not dropped when you call destroy().
You can increase the bag size up to 99 or drop all bags and items inside them.

Do you want me to upload it?

Yes please.
I've changed the hook to false and still experiencing the same bug.

Level 4
1.Go to the object editor (f6)
2.Find the bag item ( I think it is of type campaign)
3.At the very top on the right side you find Abilities - Abilities(iabi)
4.double click it and set it to the correct ability.

Ok I changed the abilities for the objects like it is on the bag system map.
The bag objects had mighty swing as skill before lol.

Now nothing happens ingame when I click on the bags.

Level 4
Everytime I start up my jngp it shows like 5-6 errors in a row about triggers.
After that I can open up my map normally.

I just tried to open the map on my netbook and there it doesn't work either.
What now? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.