• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[B]Difficulty System For Spawning[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I've got a problem with my map, I've looked through some Difficulty System tutorials and made the triggers on my own map. It works on the units already placed at the map but NOT for the spawning ones. So perhaps a zombie at the map does 30damage with Difficulty Easy on, while a later spawned zombie does 30+150 damage. When I made the spawn system I took "replay trigger "Difficulty" after each wave but it still doesn't work! I could really use some help with this!
Thanks in advance!

Level 11
Create multiple units of the same type -one for each difficulty level. Then you just check the difficulty level and spawn the appropriate unit.

Level 13
or you can do it via researches

e.g.
if hard mode--> research hard damage --> units using the research deal more dmg

It doesn't really work for me, I think I did something wrong with the Upgrades. I put them on "Apply To All Units True" and increased the damage base on them, but it doesn't work when i run the trigger :(
EDIT: I think it's because it only works on special units or something, instead of any unit owned by enemy player.

Level 11
No no, you have to enable the upgrade to your units. Go to Techtree - Upgrades Used and add them there.

Level 13
Yaaay!!! It works! Thank you very much! I've been trying to fix my difficulty system for ages and now it's finally fixed :grin: Oh and by the way, for the modes I use: HP%+ Health Regen+ Damage+ Attack Speed%+. Maybe I should use something more, or what do you think? rep+

Status
Not open for further replies.