• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

B.C. Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
About
This Map will be the most realistic map, where it will have many systems and nice models with smooth animations.
Races-Trolls-
-Humans-
-Animals-
-(any suggestion)-
Systems
-hunger-
in the jungle you will need food, the mid & starting food level is 310,if it decrfease to 30 you will fall in a coma, if it increase to 550 or more you will fall asleep untill it drops to 480,ad as long your asleep you will lose (amount of extra food\3).
-heat-
in the jungle the air have diffrent levels of heat depending on how high or low you are and what time, the mid & starting heat level is 375, if it droops to 345 you will get a frost bite, if it drops to 315 you will die, if it increase to 400 you will fall in a coma, if it increase to 435 you will die

-Hunger (2)-
when your no doing anything you loose 1 food per 3 sec,when running 1per 2 sec,when fighting and swimming 1 per 1 sec, and while panic you loose 4 per 3 sec.

-Age, Gender & and mating-
the Age will be from 50-->65 days
genders will effect alot
gender will affect skills
-males-
males are faster,and stronger
males start with these skills:
power:2\20
speed:5\30
Smartness:3\10

-Females-
males are better in home skills

power:1\20
speed:3\30
Smartness:4\10
(more suggestions please)

Skills
skills vary from every kind, animals are strong but stupid
trolls are med
humen are weak but smart

power
speed
Smartness
cooking
fishing
taking car of babies
inventing
melee combat
ranged combat
(suggestions please)

also other thing you suggest

___________________________________________________________________________________________
| !UPDATE! |
|__________________________________________________________________________________________|
V0.00023
First update!!
Features:
o - Discarded Trolls
o - Added Dinasaurs
o - Improved Gaming reality
o - added new systems:
o - Hunger
o - Inventory
o - Discarded races
o - Added classes
o - Added Dinsaurs

needed
_modeler(s)
_photoshoper(s)
_triggerers
_testers
_suggestions
_terrainers
and any help you can offer

Team
Stonneash - terrainer,modeler,leader
MaTiJa97 - terrainer,triggerer,idea factor

Last edited:
First of all, change SMARTNESS. Use anything else. Mind, intelligence, whatever.

The map idea is nice. I can make all of the systems. And give suggestion and test. And could do terrain. And help with grammar checks. A lot.

Anyway, I would discard trolls. If you're going to make it realistic, then make it really realistic.

About the skills:
Power - affects attack damage, increases amount of weight you can carry (I would add a weight system, which allows you to carry items only if they are not too heavy) and ability to interact with environment (destroying trees, rocks, barriers, etc.)
Dexterity - increases attack and movement speed, evasion chance and/or critical strike.
Mind - increases resistance to hunger (and other negative effects) and allows using more complicated items.
Constitution - increases maximum hit points and mana, and/or regeneration of both.

Cooking - allows to cook better dishes.
Fishing - increases the chance to actually catch something while fishing.
Hunting - gives the ability to find, kill and later use flesh/pelt/horns/claws/tusks... of stronger animals.

I would also discard babies. I just don't like idea of a baby in a survival map.
Also, you should add game modes. For example:
Tribal War - players are divided into tribes which try to kill each other. Last tribe standing wins.
Survival - free for all, last man/woman standing wins.
Escape - you work together to build a boat and escape the island.

Level 28
@Matija, you're pushing to hard to make this realistic, and its not even your map, its better to not mess on his ideas instead give more ideas than to remove his own, he might just have something special to put on it and just waiting to surprise you. I see nothing wrong with the trolls and why discard babies? It make the game unique.

guess i will change animal into dinosaurs because its B.C., and I need also a recipe system I'm trying to make
maybe another skill that makes the human abillity totake more and stronger resorces from loot
@matija9
i attached the file so maybe you could add your touch and other stuff you think about later
by the way i added age and babies to make the game even longer than 50-->65 days, and rising babies isn't easy ,the eat and drink alot, and need to have moderated haet level or they die

I think that discarding trolls is a good idea if the map is going to be realistic. Anyway, making models of a man and woman is easy enough. But then add troll, male and female, which would have to fit the animations and attachments of the human models. I just think it's too much work.
About the babies... Sure, they would make the gameplay unique, but they will also make the gameplay way harder, and what use do you have from a time-food-beverage-care consuming baby if you already having a hard time surviving? But that's just my opinion. I like maps with interesting features, not too hard but amusing and addicting.

Anyway, my idea for the recipe system. Make separate 'item forges' for different item types (campfire for food, forge for metal items, crafting table for tools, etc.). Then you just put required items in the 'item forge' and use the ability 'forge/cook/make' and kaboom! You have a new item :D

@matija97
Babies will grow and after you die you will get another character,also i would like to have in the map a full customized character were you pick hair ,cloth, starting weapon and starting items.
moreover trolls were discarded ,dinosaurs will be,i will upload the map soon, i uploaded some models and systems and a rpg hero model ,but i need a better model with better animations

Last edited:
First update(will be released as beta soon)

Classes(instead of Races):
Warrior(25%)
Beast Master(5%)
Mind Overlord(3%)
Trapper(0%)
Weapon Master(10%)

Systems:
1.Hunger(67%):
Units Starts with 75 food level, a yellow bar over the unit show how satisfied he is(Maximum 250).
3 meals are available yet

1.Raw meat(kind of available)(45%):droppes from units as soon as it dies\get killed in a shape of a dead animal and can be taken from it by a dagger, or a knife it it feeds a bit but decrease health.

2.cooked meat(available)(100%): can be obtained by cooking raw meat on fire or in other cooking objects , satisfies hunger a bit .

3.well cooked meat(available)(100%):its obtained in higher cooking levels and better cooking objects like improved fire and a stove\oven satcifies hunger alot and increase health a little.

4.Herbs And Fruits(not available):can be harvested from trees\plants .

__________________________________----
setup:
time place:B.C.
place: big island in the wild sea
story:N\A

Status
Not open for further replies.