• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azure Tower Defencess Tough

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Tougher Version of the famed Azure Tower Defense.

These changes made are applicable only if you play Player 1 (red).

The following are the key changes made to make the game a bit more tough.

- Every wave has extra set of monsters.
- All monsters have armor which increases toughness.
- New bosses made for round 40.

These are supported by some buffs for the defenders which are listed below.

- Support siege engines at round 1,11,21 & 31 with increasing damage.
- Support units at round 1,4,6,8,9,14,16,18,19,24,26,28,29,34,36,38 and 39 with increasing damage.
- New Summoning Hero for boosting the defensive army. He and a Juggernaut are available once you hire all the Dragon Hawk Warriors.
- The sentry tower also does a bit of damage.
- Range of all the towers increases slightly on every upgrade.
- New Chaos tower that can be built by the Sentry builder.
- New builder that can build the Ultimate Slowing Tower.
- All builders have attack so they can help in defending.

Hope you like the map!

Happy Defending!!

Dread.

Keywords:
Warcraft, Tower Defence, Tough Map.
Contents

Azure Tower Defencess Tough (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 15-Jul-13 (14:48:59)Critical Errors:Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created. Your code isn't optimized well enough, MPI and/or MUI. Useful...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 15-Jul-13 (14:48:59)
Critical Errors:
Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created.
Your code isn't optimized well enough, MPI and/or MUI.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
We can't accept your map because you just slightly edited Blizzard map.
Game modes, difficulties or some other things like new heroes, new way to upgrade towers and so on are required.
We want unique things.

Your triggers actions are mostly copy paste, in spawn trigger integer udg_a is useless just use udg_i.

Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 14
Okay I have a couple things I'd like to point out.

• First off, this isn't really your map. All you did was edit one Blizzard already made, and add some extra stuff.
    • there's probably a rule against that somewhere.
  • Make the "hard-mode" available for all players.
  • Add some more variety to spice things up and make people actually want to play it.
    • Not many people want a harder version, just something different.
    • Use some originality and come up with something unique. ;]

However, some good things;
  • The builders attacking idea is kind of cool I guess, but maybe you should have some way of upgrading their attacks.
    • Maybe something like builder classes. For example:
      • Quick-Builder
      • Warrior
      • Ranger
      • etc.
  • It's good that you added another builder, but maybe give some more details on what he builds besides; "can build the Ultimate Slowing Tower."
    • Maybe add the option of choosing from 1 of 3 last-tier builders that each have unique buildings they can construct, with certain specializations.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 2/5.

Level 29
Okay I have a couple things I'd like to point out.

• First off, this isn't really your map. All you did was edit one Blizzard already made, and add some extra stuff.
    • there's probably a rule against that somewhere.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 2/5.

• blizzard maps, are allowed to be modified because they are owned by blizzard in the same way as they own the blizzard editor
    thats why is very common to do altered melee with blizzard melee, and is allowed

but the changes must be significant to be approved
    if the changes arent enough acording to,quality, time of work and the mods knowledge,
    yep is for rejection

Dreadnought said:
    These changes made are applicable only if you play Player 1 (red).

i second you Archange1, only changes for player 1, the soul of a td is for play in multiplayer so, i think all players should be playable in this new mode to be approved.

not going to rate, but im not voting for approve this map in this state

plus rep Archange1 for the review

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
@Archange1 and ABGM
This kind of remade map is allowed, but require some extend of edits.

Rules said:
Maps must be significantly worked on, or entirely created, by their submitter.
Rules can be found here.

I don't think making a Blizzard-made tower defence harder, and adding a builder and a few towers,
qualifies as extensively improved, or significantly worked on.

Rules can be found here.

I don't think making a Blizzard-made tower defence harder, and adding a builder and a few towers,
qualifies as extensively improved, or significantly worked on.

Lol,,now you quoted me the rules.
Yes, I don't think it fits any of those :D

Okay, back to map.
I won't say anything since its already stated, 2/5 Rejection.

@Abgm
I know, should refer to Archange1, but oh well...

Level 3
Thanks all for the review.

While I agree that the changes made may not be significant in the eyes of pros like you all, considering my background (Mech Engg and Fin MBA) I felt these were quite substantial.

Actually till yesterday I did not know that there are so many varied TD maps for W3 that are available for download. So after looking at this site I felt let me also share my map with all. The changes are made only for red since I only used to play the game in Single player mode. I take the input that the hard mode should be for all and not just for red.

Considering the huge variety of maps available for download, I will also try and implement some of the other suggestions that are given after studying these maps.

Once again thanks for the reviews.

Dread.

Level 14

While I agree that the changes made may not be significant in the eyes of pros like you all, considering my background (Mech Engg and Fin MBA) I felt these were quite substantial.

Actually till yesterday I did not know that there are so many varied TD maps for W3 that are available for download. So after looking at this site I felt let me also share my map with all. The changes are made only for red since I only used to play the game in Single player mode. I take the input that the hard mode should be for all and not just for red.

Considering the huge variety of maps available for download, I will also try and implement some of the other suggestions that are given after studying these maps.

Dread.

Excellent attitude. :]
You're willingness is refreshing and if you keep it up you'll soon have your map approved.
Just keep making necessary changes, and work hard, and you'll be there soon. ^_^

Dread.

Nice attitude, I like it.
Good luck with the map.

Level 3
Ok here is the update from my side on the changes made to the map in the last couple of days.

- Made the hard mode available for all the players.
- Added a new unit which uses Lumber to cast Hell Fire (10% life damage per sec).
- Introduced the Lumber gathering upgrades (10 lvls).
- Made an option to sell gold for lumber (2:1 ratio).
- Introduced a lumber cost per attack by the towers (-1 lumber / attack).
- Introduced Pausing of all the units/towers if Lumber becomes 0.
- Made the max Lumber capacity at 10k.

I am currently facing a problem in Unpausing the units/towers after the Lumber increases to 10 from 0.

I will paste the triggers that I made below. Please suggest a solution for the issue.
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
Actions
Set P1 = (P1 + 1)
Set P1U[P1] = (Triggering unit)
Conditions
Actions
For each (Integer Z) from 1 to 9999, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set pp1 = (pp1 + 1)
Unit - Pause P1U[pp1]
Set pp1 = 0

Unpause P1
Events
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
pp1 Equal to 0
(Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than or equal to 10
Actions
For each (Integer X) from 1 to 9999, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set up1 = (up1 + 1)
Unit - Unpause P1U[up1]
Set pp1 = 1
Set up1 = 1

The initial (default) values of P1, pp1 and up1 are 1.

Looking forward to constructive suggestions.

Dread.

Level 14
I don't think you should use lumber as a form of 'ammo'.
That may be cool for other types of maps but doesn't really seem appropriate for a TD.

If you're going to continue using it tho, put your triggers in trigger tags [trigger][/trigger] and I'll try to help you figure out what you did.