• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azure Tower Defence Tough Lumber

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b
Greetings to All.

I had earlier posted my 'slightly modified' Azure Tower Defence map here which was rejected as there were no substantial changes made from the Original one. To be honest back then I had stumbled across this website just a day before my posting and had uploaded the map just to share it with all.

Anyways that is History. Presenting to you all the new Azure Tower Defence Tough which has been substantially rejigged to make it more entertaining as well as tough for everyone.

Please note that since I am not from software background I have only used the World Editor for making this map with some support from this website for removing minor bugs.Although it has taken quite sometime for me to make it, considering that I had to balance this 'newfound passion' with my work priorities and social life, I feel that you all would love playing this map over and over again.

The change log for the map vis-a-vis the original Azure Tower Defence map follows.

Change Log.

Monsters :
- Added extra monsters during each wave and eliminated all the duplicate monsters. In all around 50 new monsters added to the game.
- Every monster now has some armor levels which further enhances their toughness.
- Added a new Boss for level 40 during the boss marathon.
- Lumber Support Monsters (LSMs) added for each level. These are extremely powerful single monsters and carry a huge lumber bounty on them. Every player is allowed to spawn one LSM every round.

Builders :
- Created a new builder which can build a new type of tower that is very effective in slowing down monsters in a huge area.
- Every builder can now attack the monsters thereby adding to the defensive wall that you build.
- All the towers can now be upgraded including the Sentry tower which can now also be used for attacking.
- The primary builder can now build 4 different towers each with different type of attack.
- Added a new Small Chaos tower which enables to deal full damage to all the armor types.

Lumber as Ammo :
- Lumber is now used as an ammo for all the tower's and unit's attack. Every attack costs 1 lumber which calls for judicious use of this precious resource. (and active use of LSMs).
- If you run out of Lumber all your towers and units are paused and cannot attack or activate any ability till sufficient lumber is available.
- Lumber generation can now be enhanced through research at the cost of some gold.
- Lumber storage is capped at 15000 to further make this a tactically challenging map.
- In case of crisis there is now an option to sell Gold for Lumber; although it is a huge disadvantage to do so.

New upgrades and features :
- All the towers can now benefit from weapon upgrade research. Two different types of researches are available; one for AoE and one for Single Attack type of towers.
- Additionally every upgrade now further enhances the range and AoE effect where applicable.
- Players can now earn interest for the gold they have in their kitty. The rate of interest can be enhanced by researching banking upgrade; this is at the cost of lumber so this decision involves a lot of tactical trade off.
- All the small towers can now recruit additional defenders to increase their damage by approx 20% with each defender. This ensures that you can have maximum damage from these towers in one or the other choke point.
- Every round now ends after a fixed time irrespective of whether all the monsters have been killed or not.
- Added back up towers neat the World Tree to support the Newbies during the initial rounds.

Support Units and New Hero :
- There are regular support units who join your cause during the critical rounds.
- A new Hero with ability to summon beasts for defending and with an ultimate to convert the monster which can then be sacrificed to reduce the corruption of the world tree.
- A new unit with the Annihilation Skill to quickly kill monsters with large HPs. Of course this unit uses lumber at a massive rate to keep the skill running.
- Altered the skills of the Original Hero to make them suited for the map.

Hope you like the Map with the above changes and find it interesting to play on a Single Player as well as Multiplayer mode.

Open to all constructive comments and suggestions.

Dread.

Keywords:
Azure Tower Defence, Tower Defence, Warcraft 3, Tough
Contents

Azure Tower Defence Tough Lumber (Map)

Reviews
22:30, 12th Nov 2013 Orcnet: Not sure if renewed.
Level 3
"Open to all constructive comments and suggestions."

some screens to sell the map?? :)

Hi there abgm. Actually I posted the map just before going on a vacation. I will post some screenshots once I am back.
Meanwhile you can try and play the game; while visually it wont be much different from the original map I can assure you tactically it is a lot different.

Dread.

Level 30
So there are no changes with the recent one that you made? haven't you read the map moderator's(-Kobas-) comment?
Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 15-Jul-13 (14:48:59)
Critical Errors:
Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created.
Your code isn't optimized well enough, MPI and/or MUI.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
We can't accept your map because you just slightly edited Blizzard map.
Game modes, difficulties or some other things like new heroes, new way to upgrade towers and so on are required.
We want unique things.

Your triggers actions are mostly copy paste, in spawn trigger integer udg_a is useless just use udg_i.

Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable