• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azshara Island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Go'el Presents

Azshara Island
Created by Go'el

Map Info:

Just a small and simple template of an island that I have made. Enjoy :)

Features:

-1726 Doodads.
-Few custom resources.

Screenshots:

233247-albums7254-picture83225.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83217.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83218.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83219.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83220.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83221.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83223.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83222.jpg

233247-albums7254-picture83224.jpg

Credits:

Models:
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • DungeonM (In his "Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0" map)
  • Ujimasa Hojo

Change Log:

Updated the "Azshara Island" template.

Improved the terrain and doodads;
Changed screenshots of the Thread.

Improved the terrain and doodads again;
Changed screenshots of the Thread again.

Resized the map;
Improved the terrain and doodads highly;
Changed screenshots of the thread and add some.

Improved a little both terrain and doodads.

Author's notes:

Feel free to use it, but give me credits. :)

Keywords:
Island, Azshara, Template, Terrain.
Contents

Azshara Island (Map)

Reviews
11:05, 23rd Apr 2014 Orcnet: See my comment
Map is nice looking but not that special. Can be used for small scale cinematic but cannot be used for other map genre because it is very small. If you are going to add some more units and other effects (doodads, props, etc) this will become crowded. I suggest you use UTM if you are going to submit a terrain template. As for this map, I guess rejection is my vote.

Level 6
the terrain of the beach is cool and you can expand the area of the map which seems to help but i like the beach terrain and i bit useful on campaign maps and cinematic.

and a little bit out standing

Last edited:
Level 11
This is really small and doesn't have much going on. I don't see any special landscaping effects or interesting tile/doodad combinations. The temple in the center is cool but it doesn't really have much to it either. I guess it's not bad or ugly, just really too simple.

I don't think this should be approved until it has a bit more added.

Map is nice looking but not that special. Can be used for small scale cinematic but cannot be used for other map genre because it is very small. If you are going to add some more units and other effects (doodads, props, etc) this will become crowded. I suggest you use UTM if you are going to submit a terrain template. As for this map, I guess rejection is my vote.

I might change some spots, but I guess it will stay the same size, and if I add some things, won't be too much. Because, as I said in the Map Info, it's just a tiny and simple terrain, for short cinematics, like a conversation in a meeting point...
But I'll see. Thanks by the suggestion anyway :)

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
When making a terrain template, you are making a resource for mapmakers to use in their maps. As with other resources, it needs to be useful. This template seems to have no uses besides for a cinematic interlude for a campaign. I strongly suggest you make this map bigger so you can increase its versatility.
The terrain doesn't even seem good enough to justify making such a small map. In my opinion, if a mapmaker is going to make a really small terrain template, it should have lots of work made into making the terrain feel immersive and breathtaking.