• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AzerothArenaTournament v1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Azeroth Arena Tournament is a hero arena type mod, designed for WarCraft III: Frozen Throne. The map features 9 different arenas, each one with it's own design and layout, over 30 heroes to choose from, support for up to 10 players and 2 spectator slots. AAT is a map designed for competitive play, bringing many features in a 100% player vs player environment.

www.maddriver.ipbfree.com
[email protected]

Version 1.5 notes :
-added the item recipe system
-added Unique items and Artifacts at the Legendary Item Shop
-added a new camera system
-small terrain improvements and changes
-small User Interface changes
-worked on spell tooltips
-Fountain of Health bug fixed
-Pheonix bug fixed
-small bug fixes
-added a recipe tutorial at the Info Tab(F9)
-greatly improved overall map size, loading time and performance

Keywords:
arena, hero, duel, team, spell, shop, item
Contents

AzerothArenaTournament v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
11:14, 11th Aug 2009 Rui: Incompatible with patch 1.24. Please fix it and use the Update button located on the tab above your map's details.

M

11:14, 11th Aug 2009
Rui:
Incompatible with patch 1.24. Please fix it and use the Update button located on the tab above your map's details.

Level 18
I played this map and cannot say many good things about it. The only one of them for me is that this map is playable. The heroes are nothing special. Some of them has less some more spells what is horrible minus for the map. The skills are basic wc3 skills, sometimes very little remaked. There is good number of items, but most of them are basic wc3 too. To all of this is coming the fact, that you used camera lock, what is terrible, because you cannot have a look at the whole battleground. It makes gameplay horrible and funless. You are just standing and waiting for enemy, which will luckily find you somewhen. Overall I vote this map 2/5.

Level 2
Yes, well, most heroes have more spells than levels, but that was something I wanted to implement.
The idea behind this choice is that I want to let players not only decide what hero they want to play, but also how they want to play the hero they chose, leaving multiple choices of spells.
This leads to more diversity and makes the gameplay more exciting, because you know what hero your enemy/enemies has/have, but never know what spells they have learned, until they first attack.
Therefore I gave each hero more spell levels.

In the future, I will try to give all heroes the same amount of spell levels.

If a player thinks he has chosen a wrong spell combination, or if he sees that his current spell combo is inefficient, then there always is the Tome of Retraining that is available at the Legendary Items shop.

As for the camera, well in next versions I will probably add a choice for each player to decide the way they want the camera : free or locked.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. Many things will hopefully be fixed/changed in the newer versions.