• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AvP:The Lost Citadel

Contents

AvP:The Lost Citadel (Map)

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

This map is amazing! I always enjoy when I'm in the game-play of this map! The graphics are praiseworthy!
- - -
Suggestions:
1) When the predator is chestbursted and the larva grows after a period of time, the larva should evolve into PredAlien (there are no PredAlien, it is impossible for larva chestbursted from predator's chest to become Alien since the alien's appearance and abilities are dependant on the DNA of the host)
- -
2) How about making the AoS type AvP map to become Player vs. Player arena AvP map? (try to make more maps, such as the predator homeland, Weyland-Yutani Corps' space stations, the marines' space-crafts, the corporates' tower-like bases, the predator's shrine, outside the buildings/mechanical units (on the terrain of one planet) -> jungles, Xenomorphs' home-world, infested zones, punishment ground (super-predators' jail -> their training ground), classic predators' training ground, the Earth, the Moon, etc.)
- -
3) Depends on PvP arena AvP map that I suggested to be made, there should be more equipments, items (can be taken on the wall also, think the realistic interaction of predators when they take their combat equipments & useful items from the wall), skills, add-ons (including trees, grasses, etc. Try to make them to be realistic so that players will adore and aware of surrounding), tribes (predators have so many tribes, especially the Killer predators which kill instead of hunt. Aliens have many tribes also, such as black alien, red alien, K-series, etc. It is just like the races of humans and the color of the ants in our real life) and so forth.
- -
4) Try to modify those simple words to meaningful words (alien egg to ovomorph, larvae to chestburster (some of them can be bellyburster, mouthburster or headburster), dog alien to runner (ya, you did it. Very nice!), aliens to xenomorphs (when humans call them), aliens to serpents (when predators call them), predaliens to abominations (when predators call them), etc.).
- -
5) Remember all of yaut-ja predators' letter symbol, honor symbol (such as a symbol which indicates a predator has killed xenomorph, a symbol which indicates a predator has killed queen, etc.), integer symbol and so forth. Use yaut-ja predators' languages for humans so that human players cannot understand what they are talking (behave like in movie! A human doesn't know what that predator is speaking, especially aliens' roar.).
- -
6) Try to mix the game-play styles from your AoS type AvP map, the suggested PvP arena AvP map and the survival operation map (typically like NotD: Am, to survive and do missions to complete objectives).
- -
7) Go to see AvP comics and watch AvP movies as all of them as possible, and review the AvP wikipedia (not only Alien versus Predator, remember to review the alien types, predator types and marines, don't forget the promethieus! The promethieus technologies are quiet extremely useful!) The wikipedia, comics and movies are the better resources to be taken for your AvP map's further improvement (it can be reengineering -> whole update).
- -
8) The path for xenomorphs (typically the vent, hole)
- -
9) The study of physics, chemistry, biology, acoustics, etc.
- -
10) Make a realistic lighting (I'm not telling about that night-elves' moonlight beams, I'm discussing the sun shines, the visibility at the night, etc.)
- -
11) Killer predators fight with their pets (the chained xenomorphs, just like a human brings a dog to go outside for breathing fresh air in our real life.)
- -
12) Don't forget the scanning ability of the predator mask, the normal vision of the predator, the alternative vision of the alien, the scanning device of the marine (to detect living units), the mechanical units of the marine (they can be in combat or support) and the android (half-human/half-robot).
- -
13) the basic abilities of units should spend less energy (I mean mana). You may create the special abilities which will cost a high amount of energy (thought it is special, not basic).
- -
14) the ambition of scientists, the will of one of praetorians (which wants to replace its queen as it feels that it can be the only one), etc.
- -
15) The beacons/points which teleport the player from the current map to the another map (there are many possible maps as what I have suggested).
- -
You have done the basic abilities of predators, humans and aliens (some types of aliens can climb, predator has a skill which is to jump, etc.). It is very nice.
- - -
The reason of suggestion no. 7: There are PredQueen (in AvP: Extinction), Killer predators (not only classic and super predators), red aliens, younger PredQueen (AvP: Requiem), flying aliens (in wikipedia or comics), swimming aliens in the ocean/sea (in wikipedia or comics) and so forth. The alien queen is possible to be a ground alien queen, flying alien queen or sea alien queen. I have seen one of DeviantArt's pictures, there is a picture which you can see that the alien queen in the AvP movie is swimming (it is back!). I mean you can not only refer to these 3 sources (wikipedia, comics and movies), you can make your own AvP stuffs yourself (remember, you are editor).
- - -
If there are unique stuffs (I mean models, icons, animations, spells, interactions, etc.) and a combination of game-play styles fron your AoS style, the survival operation style and the PvP arena style, it will be an extreme well-designed perfect map.
- - -
These are some of my opinions! I'm going to stop typing as the chat will run madly. Thanks! You did your map so well! It is AoS game-play style AvP map! It is unique a little bit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Ya, I noticed!
- - - - - - -
I know HIVEWORKSHOP since 2011 but my English was terrible at that time so I don't register.
- - - - - - -
I register in 31 May 2015. It's too late for me to give comments. You're right, man. It is old, dude.
- - - - - - -
I was not going to overcomplicate triggers, I was telling the truth, the requirements and the features. (it is just like my name, I'm oJ because I'm oJ! Make the impossible one to become POSSIBLE!)
- - - - - - -
As you can see, there are DotA 2 models now. Ain't it? Dude.
- - - - - - -
This AvP map is cool as it is made to be the AoS game-play style map.