• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Automating Active Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How does one go about automating skills?

In a tower defense, where you can choose from a number of different skills to add to the tower. I want to automate all these active abilities on the tower that the user chooses.

For example once "Shockwave" has been learnt it automatically will cast it at the point of a unit when there is one within the range of the spell

What i need is the event that fires the trigger

In power towers it is when a unit is attacked by the dummy attack of the tower that fires the trigger. But this can only work when the tower and the ability are synonymous - mine are not, and more than one ability can go on one tower.

Unit entering range events added after tower construction will not work as it does not loop the skill after its Cooldown is finished

Checking every x seconds for a unit within range of each spell becomes far too laggy

Any ideas???!

Status
Not open for further replies.