• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Automatically name import files accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all,

Recently I got back into editing. I remember years ago I had this tool that would allow you to import icons en mass into a saved map, and it would autoname the files accordingly (CommandButtonsDisabled) etc.

Does anyone know of such a tool? I have scoured the tools section, or I wouldn't be asking this. Maybe I am just blind?

Thanks!!

Level 26
Well that's relatively easy to do, just have to have an MPQ editor you can programmatically give inputs and edit the war3map.imp (one of the simplest wc3 formats). If you have java, I have the libs for this ready, the application is but a few lines if you do not expect a GUI.

Level 3
Well that's relatively easy to do, just have to have an MPQ editor you can programmatically give inputs and edit the war3map.imp (one of the simplest wc3 formats). If you have java, I have the libs for this ready, the application is but a few lines if you do not expect a GUI.

Sorry for the late response.

I would be interested in these libs, thanks!

Level 26
I would be interested in these libs, thanks!

Well, that was unexpected. I have not put the libs for public use yet, there are some dependencies etc. Will do this in an own thread later. I have however packed a small program for your use case with minimal GUI. Tell me if it works for you.

Imports .blp, .tga and .jpg. If files are in a sub directory of the specified one, it will add them too but use the sub directory's path as additional file name prefix. For safety reasons, the map operated on is a copy of the original file and named imp_<origName>.

Attachments

• wc3importIcons.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.