• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Autocast spell won't autocast..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've based a very simple auto-cast spell on Searing Arrows.
The spell works pretty much the same way as Searing Arrows, just with a different icon, name, tooltip and causes less damage...

But for some reason, if I right-click the ability to enable auto-cast, the hero won't use it :S
Although the ability works when I use the hotkey for it and select a target, or if I left-click and select a target. It just won't auto-cast..
:vw_wtf:

The spell is of course ranged, but the hero himself is melee, so could this ruin the auto-cast? :con:
(The hero has a sword in one hand and a gun in the other, so the auto-cast spell is supposed to make him use the gun, which seems to work ok, except for my little issue..)

I've been considering changing the spell to something like bear form or metamorphosis, to allow him to enter/exit a ranged stance. But I'd much rather have the auto-cast... :hohum:

Level 5
I haven't changed any string turn on/off fields :con:

Yeah, I just wanna be able to use the ability for one shot if wanted, and not having to enter a damn mode fire one shot, then exit it.. If you know what I mean ?

Level 5
looks very nice, although I really wanna make it so the hero can fire his gun (use the ability) without having to switch stance. Making the player able to fire a single shot and quickly resuming melee, without having to enter a mode, then fire, before exiting to resume melee.

But thank you anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.