• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] autocast ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If you want a trigger to be executed when some1 is using an auto-cast ability like orb spells (poison/cold arrows) You should make 3 triggers
1st : enable the "2nd trigger" when a unit is issued a command to turn on auto-casting of an ability(there are special orders for every auto-cast abilities )
2nd trigger: when a unit attacks,check if it is the unit that you turned the auto-cast on
3rd trigger : when the unit is issued an order to turn off the auto-cast of an ability disable the "2nd trigger"

Level 3
If you want a trigger to be executed when some1 is using an auto-cast ability like orb spells (poison/cold arrows) You should make 3 triggers
1st : enable the "2nd trigger" when a unit is issued a command to turn on auto-casting of an ability(there are special orders for every auto-cast abilities )
2nd trigger: when a unit attacks,check if it is the unit that you turned the auto-cast on
3rd trigger : when the unit is issued an order to turn off the auto-cast of an ability disable the "2nd trigger"

can you please show example of that?

Level 4
  • Here ya go
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued Order) equal to (Order(slowon))
          • (Issued Order) equal to (Order(slowoff))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True)then do(Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Ordered Unit) to AutoCastGroup
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove (Ordered Unit) to AutoCastGroup
  • w00t
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Ordered Unit) is in AutoCastGroup) equal to True
      • (Issued Order) equal to(Order(attack))
      • ((Target unit of issued order) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Ordered Unit))) equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered Unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of issued order)
I changed my idea a lil bit :)
In these triggers I'm using the "slowon" "slowoff" "slow" orders,the thing is that you have to set your spell to have these orders in object editor,I think you know how to do this ^^.Hope this helps

Level 3
  • Here ya go
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued Order) equal to (Order(slowoff))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True)then do(Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Add (Ordered Unit) to AutoCastGroup
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove (Ordered Unit) to AutoCastGroup
  • w00t
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of issued order) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Ordered Unit))) equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered Unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of issued order)
I changed my idea a lil bit :)
In these triggers I'm using the "slowon" "slowoff" "slow" orders,the thing is that you have to set your spell to have these orders in object editor,I think you know how to do this ^^.Hope this helps

thanks

Level 3
So,is it working?

• w00t
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
this not working...

Level 4
omg...Do you know anything about WE? did you set the order strings in the object manager in for the spell you want to be autocastable?
Losing my patience with all these explanations that I take 20minutes to make and at the end ppl use them for nothing cause they know shit about triggers and editing :/

Level 3
If it's an arrow ability, then you need to use the Unit is Attacked (or preferably damaged, if you feel like setting up damage detect) event. You also need to check to make sure that they have enough mana to trigger it.

can you show same example?

Level 12
Then, the is no need for such complicated triggering...
Just use searing arrows as a base ability, with 0 dmg.
Then make a trigger, Unit begins the effect of an ability
Check if it is your ability.

Level 6
If it's an arrow ability, then you need to use the Unit is Attacked (or preferably damaged, if you feel like setting up damage detect) event. You also need to check to make sure that they have enough mana to trigger it.

my auto cast (arrow based) ability finally work! But, it still triggered even caster unit dont have mana required...so i try to detect hero mana....this is my trigger...
  • Detect Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Muscle Attack Auto Cast Active <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)
  • Muscle Attack Auto Cast Active
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • MuscleAttackAutoCast[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Damage source)) Greater than or equal to 18.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set MuscleAttackDamageReal[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] = ((0.40 + (0.10 x (Real((Level of General Muscle Attack for (Damage source)))))) x (Real((Strength of (Damage source) (Include bonuses)))))
          • Set MuscleAttackDamageInteger[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] = (Integer(MuscleAttackDamageReal[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))]))
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing ((0.40 + (0.10 x (Real((Level of General Muscle Attack for (Damage source)))))) x (Real((Strength of (Damage source) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (|c00ff0303 + ((String(MuscleAttackDamageInteger[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))])) + |r)) above (Attacked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.50, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 30.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.75 seconds
          • Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players matching ((Matching player) Not equal to (Owner of (Damage source))))
          • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group((Owner of (Damage source))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
it works! after my hero mana become less than 18, that damage bonus is not appear. but, the problem come after this, this trigger totally wont work even my hero mana is more than 18......can you help me? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.