• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

auto casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yes it is! make it a spell thats like when you get into a battle you use it, eg: a spell like frost arrows, only make it same shot as hero originaly has,... then make it trigger your hero casting spell and hide it within yer hero and make it target the unit you target, or make when u use frost arrows it summons a Spell Dummy to cast the spell on the creature you are attacking. Name the spell you are making auto cast if that dosent work (it might be for a spell on you or sumthing i dont kno)

Level 3
Nice of you darky not telling us how.. :)
Anyway, just as i read that i thought of a way of solvein it. At least in my case.. I have a lasercannon (i love killst4r :p) and i want it to be able to shoot more powerfull blasts whenever it has mana. Cool huh!? :D
Well, i guess for me its just to use a little trigger:
translated into humantriggercode ;):
[whenever "unit" attacks use "spell" on "unit being attacked".] If its out of mana.. it wont happen, but when the batteries are up .. Fire at will commander! :D

Sadly this wont help me if i have a few different sorts of laser (green, blue .. hehe, yo name it ;)) If there was an autocast attack (there isnt is there!?) i could have choosen what laser to use by rightclicking. Maybe ill ad something like [use the abillity that was used the last time] This way i will have to shoot with any of the superlasers once first in order to decide what to shoot.

Maybe out of thread here.. is there any easy way to give units (towers in this case) new abillitys? In my case one unit at a time. Lets say that i have this lasercannon. It canbe upgraded with blue, green and red laser. One way of solving it would be to have lots of different versions of the cannon. One for each and every possible combination. Now, that IS hard work. Maybe its easiest to have an upgrade for all towers of the kind..
Question nr 2 .. :)
When giving a hero an abillity (kinda like:lets have a shop where the hero can buy his or her abillitys) the abillity cannot be upgraded. IE flamestrike. If the hero has that abillity from start (like ehh.. the flamestrikerguy). But if i use a trigger ingame, i cannot get level two of it. How the heck do i solve this? :?:

-Crackbaby has left the building
(but can still be reached via email as soon anyone answers this :D)

Level 3
Ohh.. today IS MY DAY!
I just make a custom version of the hero inventory, make units be able to use it. Then i give that abillity to the tower, let a hero or any other unit with inventory put an item in it.. maybe orb of fire but with manacost.. i am genious! :lol: :twisted: :shock:

Level 11
What is strange is that I tried to make an autocastable spell by trying the following trigger:

Event - Unit begins casting an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) equal to "HolyArrow"
Actions - Game - Display the text: "Holy Arrow trigger works".

Base Holy Arrow on Searing Arrow and observe that every time the hero auto-casts it the text doesn't appear but if you manually cast the skill on an unit it works. Maybe it was an error fixed in patch 1.16 but in patch 1.15 it didn't actually work. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.