• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Auto Casting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le0

Le0

Level 1
Im trying to implement auto cast for my TD map but im having problems. I'd like to have the net spell auto cast from my tower i did it like that :

- Created a dummy auto cast net(from slow and i also tried from web and heal), what i need here is just an ability that the AI casts often and that has no other effect beside cooldown and mana cost

- Then i created a dummy unit and i made a trigger with event : Unit begins the effect of an ability
condition : Ability being cast equal to dummy auto cast
action : Create 1 unit for player XX of type dummy unit
Add ability Ensnare to last created unit
Wait 0.02
Order last created unit to Orc raid - Ensnare
Wait 0.02
Kill last created unit

- But im not getting the wanted effect, all i get is a slow effect on my target which i dont understand why :?

- I dont understand why is that the slow effect comes from my dummy auto cast maybe but then how come i only get slow effect and not slow and ensnare.

Please guys i need help for this :) just realised that making spells is harder than it appears, im not too sure about having the unit cast the ensnare ability from orc raider is a good option? i actually dont really understand these presets could anyone show me the light ? :p

i could easily post my map somewhere its tiny with just 1 hero to test the spell.

Leo

Le0

Le0

Level 1
I actually found an easier way to do this, i simply took the web ability and i changed the models, its still not perfect as the unit using the ability launch a web missil even though i have changed all the models so i really dont understand, are there some hidden things that make my web ability use all the times that web missile:?:

Level 4
just give the ability to the tower and remove air target posibility from it so it will cast web only if necesary, and it will also allow you to use it when ever you want, I dunno if I didnt get your question but still i hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.