1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Auto Cast Hook Meat Ability

Discussion in 'Requests' started by matin45, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can anyone make this for me?

2. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    You leave a lot up to the imagination with that description.

Anyway, try this. I just took NightskyAuraora's Meat Hook map and added an Autocast ability to it. It's basically Pudge's Meat Hook from DotA but it can be autocasted like the Slow ability. Give credits to NightSkyAurora if you use it.

To import it you'll want to copy and paste the Meathook folder, Unit Indexer folder, and the Autocast Meathook trigger into your map. Plus you'll need the dummy unit and the Autocast Ability/Buff from the Object Editor.

Note that I used the Slow ability to autocast the meat hook. Which means that you can only target units with the ability. There aren't any Autocast abilities that target Points so you're stuck with targeting Units. If you want the ability to be able to target both Points and Units I'd have to trigger some kind of special Autocasting system.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bad news, I can't open it. so I will try with what you say.
    You used a trigger with event : < a unit cast slow ability >
    and with action : < order casting unit cast meat hook on target of slow ability >
    yeah?

4. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish you guys would update Warcraft 3 :p
    Every time I try to help someone, "I can't open the map." But I understand, a lot of things stop working when you update.

Anyway, I didn't order the unit to cast another ability. I just changed the condition for the "ability being cast" to be the Autocast version. I would have to see how your Meat Hook ability is triggered to help you make it work properly. But basically, if your Meat Hook ability can only target points then just set the point to be the position of the target unit of ability being cast.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  5. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I use LAN for playing wc3 so I can't update it yet.
    Do you know any LAN client to play the new patch?(for Iran)
    I will use meat hook ability in next month for my map.