• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto Cast Hook Meat Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You leave a lot up to the imagination with that description.

Anyway, try this. I just took NightskyAuraora's Meat Hook map and added an Autocast ability to it. It's basically Pudge's Meat Hook from DotA but it can be autocasted like the Slow ability. Give credits to NightSkyAurora if you use it.

To import it you'll want to copy and paste the Meathook folder, Unit Indexer folder, and the Autocast Meathook trigger into your map. Plus you'll need the dummy unit and the Autocast Ability/Buff from the Object Editor.

Note that I used the Slow ability to autocast the meat hook. Which means that you can only target units with the ability. There aren't any Autocast abilities that target Points so you're stuck with targeting Units. If you want the ability to be able to target both Points and Units I'd have to trigger some kind of special Autocasting system.

Attachments

• MeatHook v4.2 Autocast Edit.w3x
    81.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 8
Bad news, I can't open it. so I will try with what you say.
You used a trigger with event : < a unit cast slow ability >
and with action : < order casting unit cast meat hook on target of slow ability >
yeah?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I wish you guys would update Warcraft 3 :p
Every time I try to help someone, "I can't open the map." But I understand, a lot of things stop working when you update.

Anyway, I didn't order the unit to cast another ability. I just changed the condition for the "ability being cast" to be the Autocast version. I would have to see how your Meat Hook ability is triggered to help you make it work properly. But basically, if your Meat Hook ability can only target points then just set the point to be the position of the target unit of ability being cast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.