• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
You want it to raise the dead passively. Just create a dummy unit and periodically move it to where the real hero is and order it to cast raise dead.

Dummy Units Tutorial
You can also add like a 1 sec cooldown just cuz. Also what he said. Make a dummy and make it follow the real hero . Add the spell and change what it raises and use a loop trigger to check for corpses and if there are any make dummy use the spell

Level 8
Has anyone actually looked at how the auras themselves work? Or is it too much work?
Your best course of action is doing it with a dummy. You take a random passive spell. Change description for i to suit ur needs. Then when the unit learns the spell create a dmy to follow the unit. But only create a dummy when level 1 is learned because if u have more levels it will create a dummy every time u learn it. Then have the loop trigger that will check an aoe around the unit also moving the dummy to the unit position. There is no actual aura just a trigger checking the aoe around the unit. Now i recommend using like a 1 sec cd to prevent bugs and the dummy might not be able to cast super fast. That is my take on it.

Edit: you can also attach a special effect to the unit upon learning it to make it look like it has an acual aura. You would be surprised in how many maps a spell for what it does it was created from something completely different and so u must create this spell that way also.

Last edited:
Level 8

Thanks! I'll credit you for being helpful In the development process. I don't code JASS, (At least that's what I think Wc3 uses, along with C.) so can you try to make it how you think it might work for me and share it here? THe skeletons should be the same as the Necromancer's in every way, including the time they last (With all upgrades). Also, if you chose to help we with this, the newest update has a set limit of 1 pair of skeletons spawned at any given time, per necromancer.

No problem but if i wasnt at work i would be making the spell instead of explaining ofc. But if u can wait 3 hours i will make it either way tho. Now as for the limit of 2 per one unit at any given time. Best course of action would be creating a dummy for every time it cycles corpses or creating the units via trigger for every corpse and adding an expiration timer. In this way you wouldnt need a dummy at all.

Level 8
Thanks! I currently don't have a cp capable of running World Editor or Wc3 at all, so I'm just setting us the story, gathering ideas, abilities and working out he technical stuff in the meantime.
Np man i just help where i can

EDIT: I made you the spell. Configurable through levels and all u need to do is just copy everything (dummy unit, spells (3x) in which one spell is for the effect of the aura you want. Ive added a 1 sec cd to check for corpses but u can change it to whichever you want(in the variable trigger). Also the type of the unit u want is in the dummy spell, so u can change the skeletons if u want to anything u desire or change it into 4 different ones (higher level> stronger skeletons). And to remove the unit from the spell casting simply remove the spell from the unit and that should take care of it. Also you can change the AOE u want in the dummy spell. I hope u like it. Also i used the Default ability Bash for the Hero spell, Its only visual and it does nothing. Change the tooltips and such things.

Attachments

• UndeathAura.w3x
    21.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.