• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aura buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've got a question regarding aura buffs. For those who play melee maps will know that after leveling up aura skills such as Devotion and Endurance Auras, there will be a small delay before the buff on you and your allies actually changes to the skill level of the corresponding skill. Is there any way to instantly make the buff change the moment you level up the skill? Thanks in advance.

Nop, it has been asked before (?): It is coded this way. You could try
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • (Hero Learned Skill) Equal to X
    • (Level of (Learned Hero Skill)) Greater than 1
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set T_G = (Units within (<the AoE of the ability>) of Point1 matching ((Matching unit) has <buff> Equal to True)
    • Unit Group - Pick up every unit in (T_G) and do (Unit - Remove <buff> from (Picked unit))
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_T_G)
I doubt it will work faster, but try it.

Level 7
there is an option in object editor on aura abilities
somewhat like buffer time or sumthing
it also makes units keep aura for that duration even if they are out of range
set this time to 0 and it will change instantly. and make units lose buff instantly if out of range

Level 5
I tried the buff removal method, it doesn't work. The buff on the units disappears entirely, and it only reappears after a further delay of about 2 seconds. Setting the buff duration to 0 doesn't work either, the delay is still there. If there is any other method I'll be glad to hear about it. Thanks for answering though. :)

Level 7
Ingame tried method:

I used Devotion as example.
Set duration hero and duration unit to 0.01 on all levels
Placed paladin on map and some units. Set level to 10
test-run map, learned devotion one. instant aura buff to all units
leveled it up. instantly applied new level

try it ;)

maybe 0.00 doesnt work thats why i used 0.01

Level 5
Are you sure that the duration change to 0.01 seconds really do work in game? I've tried it myself but it turned out not to be working at all. The 2 second delay is still there, both for the hero and all nearby units. Thanks for answering though.

Level 5
I've seen your sample map just now, and well, I'm sorry to say that it didn't work out as I expected. When I leveled up the aura skill past level 1, the buff still changes after a short delay of about 1 second. So guess its still no-go for me then. Thanks for your help anyway. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.