• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I've got my stormtrooper, and replaced a couple sounds with my laser shot sound. When I use him, he uses two sounds when attacking: the default marine fire, and some arrow firing sound or something (I replaced the Arrow Sounds, and that didn't work). Any idea how to make it so all I hear is my laser firing? Or do I have to replace Metal Heavy Bash, etc.?

Level 2
omg just go to sounds and for marines attack do replace internal sound and the it asks for the sound to repalce it with so u select ur one. uhhhg

Level 4
Jacek said:
Have you solved your problem?
Yeah... well sorta. I just realized that it still makes noise of some sort... sounds like an arrow or something still. But I removed the machine-gun noise.

DeathShadow said:
omg just go to sounds and for marines attack do replace internal sound and the it asks for the sound to repalce it with so u select ur one. uhhhg
That's the trick, isn't it? I would love to do that and all, but its not in the sound editor. No marine sounds are that I have found, as of yet.

Herio-San said:
Yeah, its a .wav... I tried doing that, but since I'm using attack ground/artillery line so the shooter can miss, it crashes me when I move.

EDIT: Also, I think I figured out the culprit- Artillery Line. I'm keeping that, but I think theres a hidden sound somewhere that I haven't been looking in for all Artillery weapons... I used normal and it didn't give me any stupid sound.

Level 14
EDIT: Also, I think I figured out the culprit- Artillery Line. I'm keeping that, but I think theres a hidden sound somewhere that I haven't been looking in for all Artillery weapons... I used normal and it didn't give me any stupid sound.

Only unit with Artillery - Line is Ballista (Glaive Thrower in TFT). So it is possible they linked attack type with sound.[/quote]

Level 4
Jacek said:

Only unit with Artillery - Line is Ballista (Glaive Thrower in TFT). So it is possible they linked attack type with sound.
[/quote]

Aye, tried that. No success... even looked in a MPQ viewer to see if it was hidden or something.

Level 4
That way people can miss, aim where they want to, and its better than Shockwave/Carrion Swarm for counter-strike map style shooting since they don't go over walls and they can shoot better with a repeating type weapon (ex, machine gun) and work especially well with acquisition (sp, I know it) range of 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.