• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachments and Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does any1 know how i can attach a model to another but keep the attached models animations?
eg putting a vulture over a heros head but the vulture keeps the flying motion

Level 24
If you really wanted to you could just use 2 different units, put them on top of eachother and make some trigger so that one of the units can't move away from another, and them stop the player from being able to select the one that cant move or something, then use triggers to make the unit that can't move to the place where the unit you can control is moving.

Understand any of that :) Wouldn't work anywhere near as good as modeling though.

Level 4
i edited the model and it looked....... ok.... the problem was that i used geoset merger and the mount i merged with the base model did not have any animation, as well as this i moved the base model up so that it looked as if it was riding the model but that messed up the animations for the base model :D

Status
Not open for further replies.