• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attachment Rotation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Lets say I have 4 attachment points on my model.
2 are vertical, 2 are horizontal. An I want to put same attachment model on those attachment points.

Meaning that I need to rotate it(the attachment model) on 2 of these attachment points for 90' . Is that possible ?

Does attachment model look at the rotation of attachment point or not ?

Example:
85453250.png

2 pins represent the side that is supposed to attach on 2 pins on the attachment point. Left side are 2 attachment points/locations.
One is vertical and other one is horizontal.

I don't really know what you are asking for, but:

*If you are asking for a way to rotate the model ingame to align accurately to different models, then that is not possible. All rotation of such kind depends on the model(s).

*If you want to rotate the attatchment points of a model, then you will have to animate the attetchment points with an animation program.

Level 11
Attachment point strictly depends of stand animation of that model.
I was asking if you can rotate attachment model or attachment point on the model.
I think you can rotate attachment points ? They are always default, or they dont have rotation. They are just points, and rotation is based on the model. Only position is ordered by attachment point.

EDIT: tnx for help, +rep , tho i solved it already

The attatchment points can be rotated through animating.
If you place a "base" keyframe at -1, i.e. how the model looks when its unanimated, then those will be the orignal coordinates of the attatchment point. If then you make an anim in wich it is rotated (one keyframe at the start and one at the end), then.. well, then it will be rotated.

Level 11
Here take a look.
The abomination is attached on that box over Weapon attachment and it rotates on Stand - 1 and Stand - 2. Also abomination plays its stand animations while attached.

But who is rotating ? Attachment point or model that is attached ?
Model right ?

I have 4 same models (weapons), that have to be attached on 4 different points on model. Each attachment point has to be rotated differently. Is that now clear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.