• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Code:
Unit Attachment Point List
Chest Ref
Foot Left Ref
Foot Right Ref
Hand Left Ref
Hand Right Ref
Head Ref
Origin Ref
Overhead Ref
Weapon Ref

Code:
Building Attachment Point List
Sprite RallyPoint Ref
Sprite First Ref
Sprite Second Ref
Sprite Third Ref
Sprite Fourth Ref
Sprite Fifth Ref
Sprite Sixth Ref
Origin Ref
Overhead Ref

Level 9
2 to 3 bones in an arm, but only 1 attachment point means either crappy animations or crappy attachments, so multiple attachments for each part would be great :D

Like pants, a pelvis, thighs, shins, and possibly feet.
Arms, elbow, hand (not necessary).
Chest, could use 2 attachments depending on the assignments.
Head would only need about 2, but yeah.
One for a head and one for hair. Or just head/hair all in one.

Level 11
It isn't possible to "link" attachments together. If you want to "attach" some pants you'll have to add an extra animation to the model, showing the pantsmesh and seeting the old mesh to invisible. Via script you can add an animationtag to a unit. But in Wc3 there are limited valid combinations of animationtags. All together there are more thann 340 billion possible combinations, that should be enough^^. In the animation you have to add visiblitytracks to the meshes you want to switch. I encounterd a similar problem, cause in my newest map you'll be able to equip armour like helmets, shoulderpads, girdles, shoes, gloves, breastpieces AND pants + different weapons.

event:
-unit xyz uses an item
condition:
-used item is of type "pants"
action.
-add the "xyz" tag to "unit xyz" 's animation

If you are an advanced modeller, it should be no problem to add extra animations. But it will be a lot of animation, proportinal to the number of different pieces yuo want to "attach".

Level 9
Yes, I understand exactly what you're saying.
I've tried using them before a while ago, but it does end up taking lots of space.
I am pretty sure that the movement of the bones would create spaces since the vertices won't be welded, but I still am curious how it looks.

It could save a lot of space if it wasn't completely necessary to go through all those geosets/animations.

Level 8
"I encounterd a similar problem, cause in my newest map you'll be able to equip armour like helmets, shoulderpads, girdles, shoes, gloves, breastpieces AND pants + different weapons."

sounds like it's going to be real fun :D

and yea it wastes alot of space :(

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Why would you have to do those extra anims when you can just make like a very, very, very, very tiny cube or something so you can't see it and put it somewhere in the model and link it to the skeleton, so there will be no problems in the game, and leave it just that, with only the bones? Then you can attach body parts on it.

Level 11
Everytime you just "attach" someting to a models attachmentpoint, the attachment only follows the keyframes of the attachmentpoint. You can attach more than one model to the same attachmentpoint, but those models won't be welded => holes when moving around. Because of that, you can't attached bodyparts like clothes. You'll allways see nasty holes in your model. In world of warcraft armouparts are attached like in wc3, but in wow it's possible to change the texture used by a model => you can change your brest/legpiece without changing the model or attaching someting. If that would be possible in wc3, i would be the luckiest modder in the whole world.

Thy

Level 11
Yeah, but I think in Morrowwind, if you equipt a pair of gauntlets f.e. the gauntlets with all possible textures is allready animated in the model and just switched to "visible". Otherwise you'll hav to attach a piece to every part of a single finger which will sum up like 23 attachments for a single hand o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.