• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

adding attachment points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ElfWarfare said:
it says in that tutorial how to add attachments... and you have a tutorial by Whitehorn in the tutorial forum.(for 3dsmax)

in mdl? oh well i aksed oinkerwinkle and he said

First, go to my site and download the object id inserter program. Use it to insert 1 object after the object ID of the last already existing attachment in your model. In the newly modified MDL, scroll down to after the last attachment and duplicate it. Change the object id to 1 more than it was and change the name to how you want it (For example, "Foot Left Ref", for the left foot). Next, go to the PivotPoints sections and find the one which has been marked with its ObjectId in a comment. Change that PivotPoint to be where you want the new attachment.

If you need more detailed instructions for any of those steps, I can try to help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.