• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attaching models to wings of units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all, I've been wanting to create an aura in which the attachment model will appear on the wings of the affected (air) unit. When i try to google it, the only entries that came up were on how to attach wings to wingless models ._ .

please help thank you so much!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Requires a fair bit of model editing.

Firstly you would have to add attachment points for the units that fly. One on each wing.
Secondly you would need a sit animation for all units able to hop on the wing.
Thirdly you would have to import the edited model with the sit animation replacing the stand animation.
And lastly trigger it. Attach special effect to the added attachment points using the imported model.

TLDR: not worth the effort.

Level 2
thanks for the quick reply chaosy
but D: guess i wont have jakiro scepter-esque fashion in my map anymore...
guess its harder than i thought
perhaps i'll be able to do it one day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.